National Centre for Cell Sciences Pune announces Admission to PhD Program 2020 (March session)
NCCS PhD Admission 2019 – National Centre for Cell Sciences (NCCS), Pune invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme of March-2020 session
The candidates should be a bonafide Indian citizen, having consistently good academic record with strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree and with eligibility mentioned below should apply for the same.
- National Centre for Cell Sciences is a National Level, Biotechnology, Tissue Engineering and Tissue Banking research center located at Savitribai Phule Pune University, in Pune, Maharashtra. The institute offers research programs on subjects like cell-culture, cell-repository, immunology and chromatin-remodelling.
NCCS PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of receipt of application at NCCS with all required documents: 29th November 2019
- Publication of list of shortlisted candidates called for Interview at NCCS: 18th December 2019
- Date of Interview: 21st and 22nd January 2020 from 9.00 AM onwards
- Declaration of Result of the Interview: 22nd January 2020 evening
- Interaction and Finalization of Guide: Before 29th January 2020
- Expected date of joining at NCCS: 2nd March 2020
Eligibility Criteria for NCCS PhD Admission 2019
- Candidate should have a Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Sciences with an interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology, having at least 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) (A relaxation of 5% of marks, shall be allowed for Reserved Categories SC/ST/OBC and Persons With Disabilities) and with a valid fellowship from CSIR/UGC/DST-Inspire with NET-LS or GATE/DBT/ICMR/ BINC, etc.
- Students with post graduate degree, who do not have individual fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS exam conducted by NCBS/TIFR on 09th December, 2018 will be eligible to apply.
- The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PWD and 3 years in case of OBC candidates, or as applicable.
- Reservation will be as per Government of India guidelines.
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- Students will be shortlisted based on JGEEBILS results by NCCS criteria for interview.
- Personal interview will be held at NCCS, Pune of all shortlisted candidates as per the selection criteria set by NCCS. Details of the interview process/schedule will be published on the NCCS website along with the list of shortlisted candidates on 18th December 2019.
- Shortlisted candidates fulfilling NCCS criteria will have to appear for interview to be held at NCCS during 21st and 22nd January, 2020.
- Second class train fare by shortest route will be paid to SC/ST Candidates as per rules, for attending the interview.
- Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay at Pune. Selected candidates will need to stay for two days more for interaction and finalization of guide.
NCCS PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Interested candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their typed application in the prescribed format (download from NCCS website www.nccs.res.in).
- The completed hardcopy application form along with the copies of M.Sc. marks statement and Fellowship certificate/admit card should reach the Dean (Academics), National Centre for Cell Science, S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganesh khind, Pune–411007 on or before 29th November, 2019
- SC/ST/OBC candidates should also attach true copy of Caste Certificate / Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals should be produced at the time of Interview.
- An application fee of Rs. 100/- only (Rs. One hundred only) should be sent along with the application in the form of a Demand Draft payable to “The Director, NCCS” at Pune. There is no application fee for SC/ST/ PWD students.
See: Latest Entrance Exams
National Centre for Cell Science, Pune, An Autonomous Institute of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, NCCS Complex, S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune–411007 , Ph. No. 020-25708000, Email: email@example.com, website www.nccs.res.in