Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva Viswavidyalaya (MSSV) Nagaon announces admission to PhD Programs 2023 (January Session), Apply now
MSSV Nagaon PhD Admission 2023 – Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva Viswavidyalaya (MSSV) Nagaon, Assam invites application for admission to Ph.D. Programs for the academic year 2023 (January Session)
MSSV Nagaon PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
- Computer Application
- Juridical Studies
- North East Studies
- Performing Arts
- Political Science
- Sankaradeva Studies
- Social Work
- Yogic Science & Naturopathy.
- Cancer Biology*
- (*In collaboration with BBCI, Guwahati)
Duration of the Program
- Minimum 3 years (six semesters) including Coursework and maximum of 6 (six) years from the date of admission to the programme.
- Start date of Online Registration: 12th December 2022
- Start date of Submission of Online Application Form: 12th December 2022
- Last date of submission of filled in application form : 26th December 2022
- Display of l i s t of eligible candidates for appearing in MSSVRAT-2023: 06th January 2023
- Schedule of MSSVRAT-2023 (Written) to be notified on: 06th January 2023
- Persons with Post Graduate degree from any recognized University/Institute with at least 55% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) in the relevant field/subject.
- For Ph.D. in Sankaradeva Studies: Persons with Post Graduate degree in any discipline from any recognized University/Institute with at least 55% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA).
- For Ph.D. in North East Studies: Persons with Post Graduate degree in Anthropology, Cultural Studies, Economics, Folklore, Geography, History & Political Science from any recognized University/Institute with at least 55% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA).
- For Ph.D. in Cancer Biology [under Dept. of Computational Biology & Biotechnology]: Candidates with minimum 60% or above for General/OBC/MOBC/EWS and 55% or above for SC/ST having M.Sc. in Biotechnology/Molecular Biology/Zoology (specialization in Cell biology or cancer biology), Cancer Biology from any recognized University. CISR-UGCNET/GATE/ICMR/DBT qualified candidates will be given preference.
- For Ph.D. in Bioinformatics [under Dept. of Computational Biology & Biotechnology]: Candidates with minimum 60% or above for General/OBC/MOBC/EWS and 55% or above for SC/ST having M.Sc. in Bioinformatics/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology/allied subjects with knowledge in basic programming C, C++, Python, R, PERL will be given preference. CISR-UGC-NET/GATE/ICMR/DBT qualified candidates will also get preference.
Eligibility Criteria for International Students for Applying for Admission:
- Foreign nationals with a degree from Indian Universities will be treated on par with Indian nationals for admission purposes. Foreign nationals with foreign degrees must meet the minimum educational requirements as given above equivalent to an Indian Master’s Degree in the relevant disciplines. In addition, they should have a valid Passport and Visa.International students are expected to have working knowledge of English.
- Interest candidates may apply online by following the steps as given below:
- Visit the University website www.mssv.ac.in
- Click the tab ‘Ph.D. Admission 2023’
- Click on Register to register yourself for Application form fillup.
- Set your own password
- An OTP will be sent to your given contact no, enter that OTP to verify and complete your registration.
- After successful registration you can login to the applicants portal with contact no and given password and fill up the application form.
- Application fee : Rs. 2000/- (Two Thousand only)
- Mode of Payment : Through Online mode
- Selection of candidates for admission shall be made on the basis of the result of the Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva Viswavidyalaya Research Admission Test-2023 (MSSVRAT-2023) and Viva-Voce.
- The list of eligible / shortlisted candidates in the MSSVRAT shall be put on the Notice Board of the University and also in the website of the University: www.mssv.ac.in. Intimation to the candidates shall not be conveyed individually.
- In case of Interview / Presentation / Viva-Voce candidates shall be intimated through email or list and schedule will be made available in the University website mentioning the schedule and venue to be decided by the University.
- Selected candidates shall have to get themselves admitted as per the schedule provided by the University on payment of the prescribed fee, failing which selection for admission shall automatically get cancelled.
- The candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR-NET/ (JRF) including SLET/SET in the concerned subject are exempted from the written examination of MSSVRAT. However, they shall have to appear in the Viva-voce examination.
- The Entrance Test syllabus shall consist of 50% of Research Methodology and 50% shall be Subject Specific (PG Level).
- A relaxation of 5% marks shall be allowed in the Entrance (written) examination to the candidates belonging to ST/SC/OBC/differently-abled & EWS candidates.
For more details and apply please visit the official website