Maharshi Dayanand University announces Admission to PhD & Award of URS Programs 2022-23, Apply now
MDU Rohtak PhD and URS Admission – Maharshi Dayanand University invites online application from eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program And Award of University Research Scholarship (URS) for the academic session 2022-23.
MDU Rohtak PhD and URS Admission 2022
- Opening Date of Registration : 10th November 2022
- Last date for submission of online application form : 24th November 2022
- Schedule of Entrance Tests: 12th, 13th to 14th December 2022
- Display of Final Merit List : 22nd December 2022
For PhD Program
- A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. Program must satisfy the following relevant academic criteria:
- Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent B grade in UGC seven-point scale in the subject concerned or in an allied subject.
- For Management Sciences – Master’s Degree or any other degree recognized equivalent thereto in (a) Business Administration or Economics or Commerce or in allied subjects with at least 55% marks OR Post Graduate Diploma in Management recognized equivalent to MBA by AICTE with 55% marks or its equivalent B grade in UGC seven-point scale. OR
- Candidates with Qualifications as laid down in (ii) shall also be eligible for pursuing Ph.D. in Economics/Commerce. OR
- M.Phil. degree (regular mode only and as per UGC norms) or a recognized equivalent degree beyond Master’s degree level with at least 55% marks or its equivalent B grade in UGC seven-point scale in the concerned or allied subject.
- Note: The eligibility will be 50% or an equivalent grade for SC/ST/Differently abled candidates of the Haryana State only.
Candidates exempted from Entrance Test
- The candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR/JRF/NET/GATE (for engineering only)/ GPAT (for Pharmaceutical Sciences only) or any other similar examination/SLET (Haryana State) as the case may be.
- Candidates who are teacher fellowship holders/awardees of the fellowship by the DST (INSPIRE), ICMR, ICSSR or any other equivalent national level fellowship.
- Candidates who have passed Ph.D. course work/M.Phil. from Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
For University Research Scholarship (URS)
- Candidates eligible for admission to Ph. D. program can apply for the award of URS.
- Candidates who are already registered in the Ph.D. program can also apply for the award of URS.
- URS will be awarded to the candidates higher in merit and who are eligible for registration or already registered to Ph. D. programme.
- Candidates already awarded with JRF (entitled for Research Fellowship)/ awardee of teacher fellowship/ awardee of the fellowship by the DST (INSPIRE), ICMR or any other equivalent national level fellowship will not be eligible for URS.
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the official website http://mdu.ac.in/
- The candidates are advised to read the Prospectus carefully before filling the online Application Form. Incomplete application forms shall summarily be rejected.
- Candidates are advised to read through the detailed online application procedure available on the website.
- For General Category : Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/BC of Haryana State only : Rs. 250/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through Debit Card/Net banking only.
- The merit list of candidates seeking admission to PhD Program & award of URS shall be prepared by the Department according to the following criteria:-
- 70% marks of the percentage of marks obtained in the entrance test. OR
- Weightage of 50 marks to those candidates who have passed JRF. OR
- Weightage of 45 marks to those candidates who have passed NET/GATE (for Engineering only)/GPAT (for Pharmaceutical Sciences only)/SLET (Haryana State only). OR
- Weightage of 40 marks to those candidates who have passed M.Phil./Ph.D. course work examination of Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website