Maharaja Agrasen University Solan announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
Maharaja Agrasen University PhD Admission 2019 – Maharaja Agrasen University invites online applications from eligible candidate for admission to various PhD Program in Management, Commerce, Hospitality & Tourism, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Bio-technology, Environmental Science, Zoology, English, Law, ME, ECE, CSE, CE, Pharmacy for the academic year 2019
The PhD Program Details
- The PhD Degree will be awarded to a certificate who fulfills all the requirements of these regulations in the disciplines in which he/she is registered. The academic program leading to the PhD Degree is broad-based that involves successful completions of mandatory Pre-PhD Course, work research work presentations and research thesis.
PhD Program Disciplines
- PhD Program in Management, Commerce, Hospitality & Tourism, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Bio-technology, Environmental Science, Zoology, English, Law, ME, ECE, CSE, CE, Pharmacy.
Also See: PhD Admission in Management 2019
Duration of Program
- The PhD Program shall be for a minimum duration of three years including coursework and a maximum upto six years. The duration of PhD Program will be counted from the date of registration
Maharaja Agrasen University PhD Admission 2019 Important Date
- Date of filling Online Application Form: 18th January 2019
- Last Date of Online Submission Form: 04th March 2019
- Date of PhD Entrance Exam: 09th March 2019
Also See: PhD in Physics Admissions 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Maharaja Agrasen University PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates who have Master’s Degree in the relevant or allied subject or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the corresponding Statutory Regulatory Body with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by the UGC or other higher educational statutory bodies of India.
- Candidates who have M.Phil. Degree from UGC approved University with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grinding system is followed or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational instruction accredited by the UGC or other higher educational statutory bodies of India
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST /OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and other categories of candidates as per the policy of the UGC/HPPERC from time to time.
Also See: PhD in Chemistry Admissions 2019
- First preference will be given to UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR /SLET/GATE/GPAT qualified candidates. Their merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks of personal interview and score in the above mentioned exam only.
- They will have to apply for admission in PhD Program in the prescribed form (Annexure-1) and have to appear for personal interview before the DRC. They will be admitted to the PhD Program as per the merit list based on personal interview.
- General Awareness and Research Methodology: The duration of the Paper-I shall be one hour, and it will carry 100 marks. The paper will contain 50 MCQs. Each question will have 4 alternate answers out of which the candidate has to choose the right answer. Each question will carry two marks.
Also See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- Subject Specific: The duration of the Paper-II shall be one hour and thirty minutes (30) and it will carry 100 marks. The paper will contain 50 MCQs. Each question will have 4 alternate answers out of which the candidate has to choose the right answer. Each question will carry two marks.
- The syllabus for this paper shall be as per UGC-NET norms.
- General Category Students – 50%
- Reserved Category Students – 45%
- The Final Result /Merit List of the candidates shall be notified after getting approval of the Vice-Chancellor.
No. of Seats
- The number of approved seats, date and place of the entrance examination and the procedure for admission to PhD Program will be notified on website of the University. The advertisement for PhD entrance exam shall be given in one national and one regional newspaper.
- Seats for SC/ST/OBC and handicapped students shall be reserved as per the policy of the State Govt.
Maharaja Agrasen University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- The candidate whose name appears in the Final Merit List shall submit with 10 days of the notification of the Merit List on duly filled prescribed Registration Form (Annexure-2) along with the requisite self-attested photocopies of the certificate and the prescribed fee for registration in the PhD Program.
- The date of registration will be considered from the date of declaration of result of Pre-PhD Course. For the candidates who are exempted from appearing in the entrance test the date of registration will be counted from the date of the candidates registers himself.
For more details regarding PhD admission procedure and eligibility criteria, please visit website www.mau.ac.in
Maharaja Agrasen University Solan
Atal Shiksha Kunj, Pinjore Nalagarh Highway, Nanakpur, Kalujhanda, Barotiwala, Distt.Solan H.P 174103, Website www.mau.ac.in