Madras School of Economics (MSE) Chennai announces Admission to B.A. and M.A Programs for Session 2022-23
Madras School of Economics Admission 2022 – Madras School of Economics (MSE) invites applications for admission to 2-Year (4 Semesters) M.A. Programs and 3 Year B.A. (Honours) Program for the Academic Year 2022-23
Madras School of Economics B.A and M.A Admission 2022
- M.A. Programs – (i) Actuarial Economics; (ii) Applied Quantitative Finance; (iii) Environmental Economics (iv) Financial Economics; (v) General Economics
- Intake: Intake under each of the five M.A. Programs will be 47, including a 35% quota for the resident students of Tamil Nadu.
- Duration: 2-Year (4 Semesters)
- Duration: 3-Year B.A. (HONS.) Program in Economics
- Intake: The annual intake for the B.A. (Honours) Economics Program will be 80, including a 35% quota for the resident students of Tamil Nadu.
- Online Application Form – Opening: 02nd May 2022
- Online Application Form – Closing: 10th June 2022
- Issue of Admit Cards (Download): 18th June 2022
- Entrance Test: 02nd July 2022
- Result Declaration (Score Card Download): 09th July 2022
- Date of Counseling: 18th to 30th July 2022
- Commencement of Classes: 01st August 2022
- Undergraduate degree in social sciences (including commerce & management), sciences, or engineering (including those who are appearing for their final year exams in the AY 2022)
- The eligible candidates must secure at the under-graduation level: 55% for General category; 50% for OBC – Non-Creamy Layer; 45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates
- The eligible candidates should not have completed 25 years of age as on 1st July 2022
- Candidates should have studied mathematics at plus-two level, or its equivalent – which includes a pass certificate from National Institute of Open Schooling for mathematics at Senior Secondary level, or completion of mathematical economics course(s) at under-graduate level.
B.A. (Hons.) Program in Economics
- Plus Two Pass (in any subject combination) in the first attempt (including students who are appearing for their plus two exams in May 2022) final year exams in the AY 2022)
- Eligible candidates must secure at the plus-two: 65% for General category; 60% for OBC-Non-Creamy Layer; 50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates (Or respective equivalent grades or credits)
- Eligible candidates should not have completed 22 years of age as on 1st July 2022
- Candidates with mathematical interest are encouraged to apply
- The Program Brochure can be downloaded from www.mse.ac.in
- Candidates can fill out the application form online at www.mse.ac.in; application fee Rs. 1000/- only (General category), Rs. 800/- only (SC/ST category)
- Application Fee: Rs. 1000/- only (General category); Rs. 800/- only (SC/ST category).
- Admission will be based on the entrance test at designated centres in India, subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria
- In the case of a tie in entrance test marks, merit ranking will be based on the percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and age.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website