Lovely Professional University (LPU) Jalandhar announces Admission to PhD Program for Session 2024 January, Apply now
LPU Jalandhar PhD Admission 2024 – Lovely Professional University (LPU) Jalandhar invites application for admission to the PhD Program through an entrance test LPUNEST (PhD) for the spring term 2024 (January).Lovely University is ranked 23 by Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023 among the Top Universities of India. LPU University is accredited by ACBSP, ICAR, and with A ++ Grade by NAAC. LPU Jalandhar offers UG, PG, diploma, PhD, and other courses to students across 21 disciplines, namely Engineering, Management, and others. LPU Punjab offers courses in full-time and part-time modes. The university also offers distance education and online courses to students. Check the post below for more details on LPU Jalandhar PhD Admission 2024
LPU Jalandhar PhD Admission 2024
Departments offering Full Time PhD Programs
- Computer Science and Engineering; Management; Law; Electronics and Communication Engineering; ; Commerce; Ayurvedic Pharmacy; Electrical Engineering; Economics; MLT or Paramedical Sciences; Civil Engineering; ; Hotel Management and Tourism; Pharmaceutical Sciences; Mechanical Engineering; Architecture; Public Administration; Chemical Engineering; Interior and Product; Political Science; Aerospace Engineering; Planning; History; Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering; Journalism and Mass Communication; Sociology; Computer Applications; Fine Arts; English; Agriculture; Performing Arts-Theatre; Punjabi; Physics; Forensic Sciences; Education; Chemistry; Microbiology; Physical Education; Biochemistry; Food Science and Technology; Environmental Sciences; Bioinformatics; Mathematics; Library Science
- Online Registration starts on: 25th September 2023 onwards
- Last date of Registration: 22nd November 2023*
- Dates of Entrance Test#: 24th and 26th November 2023
- Result of LPUNEST (Ph.D.): 2nd December 2023
- Interview Slot Booking: 2nd December to 5th December 2023
- Interview Schedule: 8th December to 13th December 2023
- Result of Interview: 18th December 2023
- Last Date of Admission: 10th January 2024
- Pass with 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grades prescribed by UGC in the Master’s Degree* (2 year or 4 semester Master’s Degree after a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree #) or equivalent in the relevant subject to qualifying LPUNEST and Interview.
- # Candidate who has completed 1 year or 2 semester Master’s Degree* after a 4 year or 8 semester Bachelor’s Degree is also eligible provided the candidate should have a minimum of 75% marks in 4 year or 8 semester Bachelor’s Degree in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed.
- (A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC or ST or OBC (non-creamy layer) or Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.)
- Applicants having relevant Postgraduate degrees in Engineering are only allowed to apply for the Ph.D. in engineering disciplines.
- For example, applicants with M.Tech./ ME in CSE would apply for Ph.D. (Computer Science and Engineering), and applicants with MCA or M.Sc. (CS/IT) degrees should apply for Ph.D. (Computer Applications).
- The applicants with master’s degree in distance education or online mode are not allowed to take admission in the Ph.D. Engineering Programmes.
- An applicant who has completed the Company Secretary(CS) course from ‘The Institute of Company Secretaries of India’ (ICSI) with a Minimum of 55% aggregate marks is eligible to apply for admission Ph.D. (Commerce) and Ph.D. (Management). Click here to view Recognition Letter on ICSI Website
- Eligible candidates can apply online only through the official website https://nest.lpu.in/phd/
- Applicants can apply for LPUNEST without purchasing LPUNEST Kit.
- Apply through the University Website https://nest.lpu.in/
- For online application, Applicants should have Online Banking facility through Net banking / Debit card / Credit card.
- Applicants may obtain LPUNEST Kit from University Campus or any other prescribed place by paying cash.
- Soft copy of LPUNEST Kit is Rs. 1000 (for male students) and Rs. 500 (for female students).
- Printed LPUNEST Kit is Rs. 1500 (for male students) and Rs. 1000 (for female students). The payment can be made using the Online Banking facility through Net banking/ Debit card/ UPI/ Credit card.
- Mode of Payment: Through online Net banking/ Debit card/ Credit card.
- An applicant will be shortlisted for an interview on the basis of his/ her score in the entrance examination LPUNEST (Ph.D.).
- The final selection for admission in Ph.D. will be based on the performance in Entrance Test (70% weightage) and Interview (30% weightage) subject to scoring minimum marks in the Interview.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- Applicants who have qualified UGC (NET/ JRF)/ CSIR (NET/ JRF)/ ICAR (JRF/ SRF) examination/ SLET (Punjab only)/ GATE or GPAT score card/ ICAR (NET), SPM, Teacher Fellowship holder or passed M.Phil. Program (in Regular mode only) are exempted from LPUNEST (Ph.D.) but will have to fill the LPUNEST (Ph.D.) form and appear for the Interview
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website