LNM Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
LNMIIT PhD Admission 2019 – The LNM Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan invites applications for admission to PhD Program for the odd semester 2019-20.
Ph.D. Program offered
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical- Mechatronics Engineering (MME)
- Humanities and Social Sciences
See: PHD Admissions
LNMIIT PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of application to be considered: 10th June 2019
- Date of Entrance Exam and Interview in all departments: 5th July 2019
- Result of Ph.D. admission process will be declared by: 8th to 10th July 2019
- Last date to pay admission fee: 17th July 2019
- Reporting and joining date to the Institute: 30th July 2019
See: PhD in Computer Science Admission
Eligibility Criteria for LNMIIT PhD Admission 2019
Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE), Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering (MME)
- Master’s degree in engineering in relevant field with 60 % marks or equivalent CPI/CGPA; or
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering in relevant field (typically 4-year Programme) with a minimum of 80 % marks or equivalent CPI/CGPA and a valid GATE score in the relevant area of application#. (e.g. For Ph.D. in CSE, a B. Tech (CSE) with indicated percentage or CPI/CGPA and a valid GATE score in Computer Science and Information Technology(CS) ).
- Master’s degree in Physics or in the relevant subject with 55% marks or equivalent CPI/CGPA. Or Bachelor’s degree in science and engineering (typically 4-year programme) relevant to Physics with 80% marks or equivalent CPI/CGPA and a valid GATE score in the relevant area of application.
See: PhD in Physics Admissions
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or in the relevant subject with 55% marks or equivalent CPI/CGPA; or Bachelor’s degree in science and engineering (typically 4-year programme) relevant to Mathematics with 80% marks or equivalent CPI/CGPA and a valid GATE score in the relevant area of application.
Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
- Master’s degree in related subject/relevant areas with 55% marks or equivalent CPI/CGPA.
- Admission to the Ph.D. Programme is offered to eligible candidates on the basis of an entrance examination and an interview. Consequently, all applicants who qualify in the written examination have to appear for the personal interview on the same day or very next day.
- Candidates who have qualified for national level fellowships like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF, DST-INSPIRE, NBHM Ph.D. scholarship or equivalent valid fellowship in the relevant subject/discipline may be exempted from the written examination but not from the interview. No request for remote interviews would be entertained.
Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- The entrance examination shall contain both objective and subjective type of questions.
- The syllabus for the written entrance examination shall consist of 50% of research aptitude/methodology and 50% shall be subject-specific. Research aptitude/methodology part shall be of generic nature, intended to assess the research aptitude of the candidate.
- This part primarily shall contain questions to test research aptitude, reasoning ability, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, data interpretation, quantitative aptitude of the candidate. While,
- Syllabus for each subject-specific / branch can be obtained from the LNMIIT Website: www.lnmiit.ac.in
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
LNMIIT PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applicants need to fill the online Ph.D. application form for official website www.lnmiit.ac.in
- The application fee for Ph.D. Programme is Rs. 250/- payable through Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking.
The following documents need to be uploaded in PDF format only (except the photograph):
- Scanned copy of photograph in JPEG format
- Scanned copy of class 10th standard certificate
- Scanned copy of class 12th standard certificate
- Scanned copy of the last degree mark-sheet/transcript
- Scanned copy of the provisional degree certificate/degree certificate (if available)
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty who taught you at the last degree level or from relevant industry, research lab where applicant may have either carried out an internship or may have been employed. At least one of these letters of recommendation should come from the university/college, where the applicant may have studied last. For this purpose, the names of the referees along with their official emails addresses are to be provided by the candidates in the online application portal. The referees will be contacted electronically through an auto generated mail to submit their recommendations online.
- Statement of purpose (SoP) – Applicants are required to write a one page Statement of Purpose (SoP) in their own words to upload.
The LNM Institute of Information Technology
Rupa ki Nangal, Post-Sumel, Via-Jamdoli, Jaipur-302031, (Rajasthan), India, Tel. 1800-180-6566 , 0141-2688-150/151/ 0141-5191-791/792, Email : email@example.com, website www.lnmiit.ac.in