Jindal Global Business School announces Admission to PhD Program in Management 2020 Session
Jindal Global Business School PhD Admission 2020 – Jindal Global Business School (JGBS) Sonipat, invites applications for admission to Full time/ Part time PhD Program in Management for academic session 2020.
Ph. D Programmes at JGBS
Applicants shall be admitted into the Ph.D. in Management Programme under one of the following categories:
- Full-time Ph.D.
- Part-time Ph.D.
- Full-time Ph.D. is a fully residential programme on O.P. Jindal Global University campus. The scholar is required to be located on campus and undertake his course and research work under the direct supervision of JGBS faculty drawn from the best Ph.D colleges in India and abroad. The candidate has to attend specific research classes as well as advanced courses in the area of interest during the tenure. The candidate will be paid a stipend of Rs 25000/ per month along with stay and food facility for first three years of course.
Jindal Global Business School PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date to Apply: 31st July 2020
- Course Start Date: 01st August 2020
- Course End Date: 31st July 2023
Duration of Ph.D
- As per the UGC rules, the minimum & maximum period of study and research shall not be less than 3 years from the date of enrolment (36 months) & 7 years (84 months) respectively from the date of provisional registration of the candidate. However, in case the performance of the research scholar has been exceptionally good and proven through substantial publications, the period can be reduced by six months. The part time PhD program is for a minimum 4 years (48 months) and maximum 7 years (84 months). However, in case the performance of the research scholar has been exceptionally good and proven through substantial publications, the period can be reduced by six months.
See: PHD Admission 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Jindal Global Business School PhD Admission 2020
- An applicant seeking admission to the Ph.D. in Management Programme must satisfy the following academic criteria:
For Full–time PhD
- Master’s Degree or any other degree recognized equivalent thereto in (a) Business Administration or Economics or Commerce or in allied subjects with at least 60% marks OR (b) Post Graduate Diploma in Management recognized as equivalent to MBA by AICTE with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade.
- Professional qualification such as CA/ ICWA/ CFA/ CS (both 5 years integrated or 3 years after graduation) with at least 60% marks.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology with at least 60% marks in aggregate marks.
- Students in final year of MBA/PGDM can also apply.
- UGC NET/JRF scholars will be given preference.
For Part–Time PhD
- In addition to the above qualifications mentioned for full time PhD candidates, corporate candidates should ideally possess more than five years of relevant industry work-experience. However, an exception can be considered for bright candidates with less than five years and more than three-year work experience.
- Full time/ Adjunct/ Visiting faculty members working with AICTE approved business schools/ universities can also apply for part time PhD program.
- Preference will be given to scholars if they have relevant work experience in the area of their PhD.
- An application to JGBS doesn’t guarantee admission into the PhD program. An internal committee will evaluate the applications on merit and shortlist the candidates.
- Shortlisted applicants are required to take an online Research Aptitude Test (RAT) followed by a personal Interview.
- The following categories of applicants are exempted from taking the Entrance Test:
- Applicants who have qualified UGC/ CSIR/ JRF/ NET/ SLET (Haryana State) or any other similar examination.
- Holders of Teacher Fellowships from the UGC or any other Government funding agency.
- Applicants who have completed their Ph.D. coursework/ M.Phil. in another University/ Organization, subject to approval by the School Doctoral Committee (SDC).
- Candidates shall be selected on the basis of their academic record, performance in research aptitude test and personal interview.
- The full time PhD students will have to pay a registration fee of Rs. 10,000 at the time of joining (one time fees) and a submission fee of Rs 5000/ at the time of thesis submission. They will receive a stipend of Rs. 25000/ per month during the first three year of the PhD program.
- A scholarship programme is one of the most common ways to give financial assistance to underprivileged members of the community, who have great potential to thrive in academics. Our scholarship policies ensure that such students must not be left behind because of financial constraints.
- We currently have nine categories in total under which the scholarships are granted: Savitri Jindal Studentship, Award Merit Scholarship, Shallu Jindal Outstanding Women Scholarship, Mrinaldeep Singh Scholarship, Savitri Jindal Merit cum Fellowship, Naveen Jindal Young Global Scholarship, O. P. Jindal Outstanding Merit Scholarship, Haryana Domicile Fee Concession and Chancellor’s Discretionary Fee Concession.
- Every year, Merit cum Means Scholarship applications are invited from students and reviewed by the scholarship committee during a series of frequent meetings. Rules and regulations are drafted/amended every year as required. The criterion taken into consideration are merit (CGPA) and means (family income). Many other factors also play an important role like participation in debates, sports, cultural activities, societies’ events etc., contribution to university and research. The review is done in such a way that maximum students get benefitted.
Jindal Global Business School PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- All applicants will need to go to http://www.jgbs.edu.in/jgbs-phd-programme/ and fill out the following:
- Currently admission into the PhD. Programme is available in the fall semester (on 1 August)
- Applications Deadline for 2020 admissions: 15th June 2020
An applicant shall submit:
- An online application through the JGU website/ office at (http://www.jgu.edu.in/admissions/phdadmissions/)
- Scanned copy of the relevant academic transcripts;
- A short note on the professional background and experience of the applicant, if any; A “Statement of Purpose” explaining why the applicant wishes to pursue the Ph.D. Programme, in around 1500 words; and The names of two academic/ non-academic referees from whom the University may seek information on the research potential of the applicant.
- An applicant is required to pay an application fee of Rs.1000/- only.
Jindal Global Business School
Jindal Global Business School, O.P. Jindal Global University, Sonipat Narela Road, Near Jagdishpur village Sonipat, Haryana-131001, NCR of Delhi, India, Tel.: 91-8396907440, Mob: + 91-130-4091888, +91-8396907333, Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.jgbs.edu.in, www.jgu.edu.in