Jadavpur University announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2023 – Applications are invited from Indian nationals for admission to the Ph.D. programme in the Departments of Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, History, International Relations, Library & Information Science, Philosophy, and Sociology at Jadavpur University Kolkata for the academic session 2023 (July).
Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2023
- Last date for online payment is 09th July 2023
- Last date for submission of form is 10th July 2023
- The application for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme is to be made to the Registrar in the prescribed form.
- A person who has obtained Master’s degree of at least two-year (or 4-Semester) duration, in any discipline, or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree (such as MBBS with Master’s Degree, MBA, MCA, MD) by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, such as grade point of 6.25 in 10-point scale for Master’s in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture/ Computer Application as per AICTE norms) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC/AICTE/State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- A person who has obtained a Post-graduate Diploma/Degree of less than two years’ duration from any University or Institution recognized by this University is eligible for application for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme provided that such candidate
- has completed at least a total of five years’ of graduate and postgraduate study in a recognized university or Institution.
- Candidates should apply in the prescribed form available on the website. www.jaduniv.edu.in.
- Candidates have to pay the application fees Rs. 500/- (Per Subject) online through SBI Collect System using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- After payment the downloaded form along with an online payment receipt and all testimonials is to be submitted to the Ph.D Cell, Arts, Subarna Jayanti Bhavan, Ground floor, Jadavpur University Main campus, Kolkata 700032.
- Candidates will be selected through a written test of two hour duration (two and a half hours for Economics) and an interview to be held in the respective Departments.
- The candidate who has an M.Phil (Regular two year course) degree and was admitted to the M.Phil programme through a written test, or have qualified NET/SET/GATE shall be entitled to get exemption from written admission test and shall be called directly for an interview.
For more details and apply please visit the official website