Institute of Plasma Research (IPR) Gandhinagar announces Admission to PhD Program for 2023 Session
IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2023 – Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) Gandhinagar invites applications from eligible and interested candidates for admission to Ph.D. in Physics Program for academic session 2023.
IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2023
About the Program
- Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) is a premier scientific research institute under the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, located in Bhat Village, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. IPR is engaged in the development of plasma technologies for societal benefits and fusion research.
- It is also a domestic agency of ITER (International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor, Cadarache France) and a part of consortium in the international LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational Observatory) program
- Opening Date for Online: Application: 08th May 2023 (Time: 10:00 AM, IST)
- Closing Date for Online: Application: 22nd May 2023 (Time: 5:00 PM, IST)
Eligibility Criteria for IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2023
- The candidates MUST have qualified at least one of the following national level examinations: (i) JEST–2023 (in Physics) (ii) GATE in Physics (Paper code PH) valid for 2021/2022/2023 and (iii) CSIR–UGC-JRF-NET in December 2022 or June 2022 in Physical Sciences (Subject code PHY).
- Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics with a minimum aggregate of 60%. Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics courses at the undergraduate level. Candidates expecting a Master’s degree (M. Sc.) in the year 2023 can also apply.
- Not more than 26 years as on 1st August 2023 (born on or after 01/08/1997).
- Age relaxation is admissible to SC/ST/OBC/PWD etc. as per Government of India orders on the subject from time to time. Age relaxation: SC/ST – 5 Years; OBC – 3 Years and Persons with disability (PWD) of all categories – 10 Years.
- Candidates are requested to confirm their choice of participation (OI or PI) during the filling of the online application form available in the IPR website www.ipr.res.in
- Registered post/Speed Post should send hard copy strictly
- The envelope should be strictly superscribed with Advt. No. and Post Applied for. Applicants are advised to send the hardcopy by Registered or Speed post services and to preserve the receipt for future reference
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for an interview. The final selection of the candidates shall be based on performance in the interview
Stipend & Facilities
- Consolidated stipend of Rs. 31,000/- per month for first two years and Rs. 35,000/- per month for the next three years. Book grant of Rs. 40,000/- per year.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website