Institute of Fashion Technology (IFTK) Kerala announces admission in to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) in Fashion Design 2019
IFTK B.Des in Fashion Design Admission 2019 – Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala (IFTK), Kollam under the Centre for Continuing Education Kerala (CCEK) has invited applications for admission to the 4 years (8 semesters) B.Des (Bachelor Degree in Design) – Fashion Design, having affiliation of University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram and technical tie-up with National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) for the academic year 2019
Find information related to courses, fees, admissions, eligibility and reviews for B.Des in Fashion Design Colleges in Kerala
Candidates can check all the details related to IFTK B.Des in Fashion Design Admission 2019 like eligibility, application process and other details through this page below.
See: Fashion Designing Entrance Exams
IFTK B.Des in Fashion Design Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Application Form Available on the Website: 01st April to 03rd June 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 07th June 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination: 02nd week of June 2019
- Commencement of Classes: 01st Week of July 2019
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des) – Fashion Design is an Undergraduate degree of 4 years duration. The Bachelor of Design educates students to have a voice in the development of a sustainable world. The program provides students with experiences in using established and emerging technologies in a collaborative atmosphere, where integration is perceived as the driver for creative and innovative design.
Objectives of the Program
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des) – Fashion Design is a four years (8 Semesters) full time program, which employs the best practices and methods which will guide the students to discover and explore the individual style and talent they can offer in this high profile industry.
See: Career in Fashion Designing
Eligibility Criteria for IFTK B.Des in Fashion Design Admission 2019
- Candidates for admission to the Bachelor of Design Degree Course (B.Des) – Fashion Design shall be required to have passed (any one of below)
- Candidates for admission to the Bachelor of Design Degree course (B.Des) – Fashion Design shall be required to have passed 10+2 examination. Obtaining at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying examination
- Diploma in Engineering awarded by the Board of Technical Education, Kerala
- All Admissions to Bachelor of Design Degree course (B.Des) – Fashion Design shall be subject to passing of an Aptitude Test conducted by IFTK
Reservation of Seats
- The seats reserved for SC/ST/OBC are as under
- SC – 08%
- ST – 02%
- OBC – 26%
Scheme of Entrance Exam
- Aptitude test comprises General Ability test and Creative Ability test
a) General Ability Test (GAT)
- Quantitative Ability: This sub-test is designed to test the quantitative skills of the candidates; the sub test consists of questions on addition, multiplication, division, fractions, percentage, rate of interest, work and task, ratio and proportion and distance.
- Communication Ability: This sub-test is aimed at testing the English language skills of the candidates in day-to-day communication in English.
- English Comprehension: This sub-test is to test one’s ability to comprehend the meaning of from a given passage.
- Analytical Ability: This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s inference and logical reasoning
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs: This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of current affairs.
b) Creative Ability Test (CAT)
- This test is aimed at judging the skill, power of observation, innovation and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the candidate’s use of colour and illustration.
c) Personal Interview
- The candidates who successfully clear the entrance examination will be called for the personal interview. A candidate is judged on the various parameters during individual personal interview by a panel, as listed below:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the field
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful
- Fee structure for B.Des Fashion Design Academic Fees
- Tuition Fees Rs. 43000/- per Semester
- Library Fees – Rs 2000/- per Semester (Non-Refundable)
- Student Development Fees – Rs.1000/- per Semester
- Graduation Show Fund – Rs.2000/- per Semester
- Total Rs 48,000/- per Semester
- One-time fees during admission
- Security Deposit (Refundable): Rs. 5000/-
- Registration Fees: Rs. 2000/-
- *50% of tuition fees + security deposit (refundable) will be refunded to the candidates who withdraw their candidature before commencement of course
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
IFTK B.Des in Fashion Design Admission 2019 Application Process
- Prospectus & Application Form can be downloaded from the Website iftk.ac.in. If the prospectus is downloaded from the website, application should be submitted along with the DD of Rs.300/-
- Prospectus along with the Application Form can be obtained from the office of Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala, Vellimon West, Kollam on payment of Rs.300/- by DD in favour of “Principal, Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala”
- Submission of Application Form: Application Form complete in all respects along with a Demand Draft for Rs.1200/- (Rs.1500/- if downloaded from website) drawn in the favour of “Principal, Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala” payable at Kollam should be sent to the following address so as to reach the office on or before 07th June 2019
- Forms received after the due date will not be accepted
- Institute does not take any responsibility for delay or loss of forms or correspondence in postal transit or courier
See: Engineering Entrance Exams