What is Textile Designing | Courses for Textile Designing, Textile Designing Jobs, Textile Designing Scope, Institutes
Textile Designing – If you aspire to make a career in the fashion industry, Textile Designing is one of the best options that you can consider. If you have passed the 12th examination in any stream, you are considered eligible for UG and Diploma level courses for Textile Design.
Textile Designer, Fabric Analyst, and Fabric Resource Manager are few of the famous job profiles in this career category.
NIFT, Pearl Academy, and NID are few of the top colleges for Textile Designing. In this article get to know in detail regarding eligibility, scope, job profiles, top colleges, top recruiters, fees, courses, duration, salary, and skills required.
What is Textile Designing?
Textile Designing includes creating patterns for various types of fabrics and textiles. This field is a part of the Fashion Designing industry. A Textile Designer works to create new and fresh ideas that can later become fashion clothing. Not only the fashion industry, but a textile designer can also work in the furniture industry to design different kinds of fabrics or in the paper industry to design different printed papers.
How to Become a Textile Designer – Eligibility
To pursue Textile Designing at Undergraduate level OR Diploma level, candidates need to complete the class 12th examination from recognized boards with minimum 50% marks.
For the Postgraduate level, candidates need to pass a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks.
Skills Required for Textile Designer
Despite the Eligibility Criteria, a candidate applying for this course must have these skill sets:
- A keen eye for fabrics, colours, patterns, and design
- Artist and creative ability
- Knowledge about latest trends and fashion
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of colour concepts
- Hard-working and team player
- Must have the patience for pressure and long hour work environments
- Should be innovative and persuasive
Textile Designing Courses, Fees, and Duration
The courses for Textile Designing vary from colleges to colleges in India. However, the common courses at UG, PG, and Diploma level are as follows:
Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
INR 2 – 4 lakhs
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
INR 30,000 – 3 lakhs
B.Sc. in Textile Design
INR 50,000 – 3 lakhs
BA (Hons) in Textile Design
INR 5,000 – 1 lakh
Master of Design (M.Des)
INR 1 lakh – 3 lakhs
MA (Hons) Textile Design
INR 40,000 – 2 lakhs
Master of Textile
INR 30,000 – 2 lakhs
Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
INR 1 lakh – 4 lakhs
Diploma in Textile Design
INR 70,000 – 1 lakh
Textile Designer Jobs | Textile Designing Scope and Type of Scope
After completing the course in Textile Designing, there are many textile designer scopes available along with jobs available in the market and at top companies. Professionals get to work with fashion designers, export houses, textile mills, the craft sector, and buying houses. These jobs bring out the creative side of the candidate:
1. Textile Designer: Textile Designer is required to work in the fashion or interior designing industry. You will be designing clothes, fabrics, designs, and patterns according to the requirements.
2. Fabric Resource Manager: The manager is responsible to manage various other roles such as stylist, designer, design assistant, etc. You will be requiring some years of work experience to apply for the role. You can work for any leading designing house or a private firm.
3. Embroidery Designer: If you love doing embroidery and are good at using a needle then you can apply for this job. The role asks for doing a different kind of embroidery designs for the textile company you work in.
4. Design Consultant: Your job defines perfection. You will be needing to see if any design needs improvement or changes in particular. You will be required to complete the list of needs given by the clients.
5. Fabric Analyst: Your job will be to keep updated with the latest fashion and design trends in the world and customize the latest designs for the company accordingly. The fashion and Interior designing industry offers such a candidate regularly.
There are some other job roles offered in the textile industry such as Textile Illustrator, Colour and Design Consultant, Textile Developer, Trend Forecaster, and Strategic Intervener.
Textile Designer Salary
Textile Designer – To get to know more about textile designing jobs, you need to also know about the average salary offered for each role.
Average Salary (in INR)
INR 3 – 4 lakhs per annum
Fabric Resource Manager
INR 6 – 7 lakhs per annum
INR 3 – 4 lakhs per annum
INR 5 – 6 lakhs per annum
INR 7 lakhs per annum
Textile Designing – Top Recruiters
Textile Designing graduates get to work with top fashion and interior designing companies in India. Many names are so popular that your eyes will lighten up after reading about them.
|Sabyasachi CoutureBombay DyeingWellspun IndiaArvind MillsMasaba GuptaFuture GroupAditya Birla Home DécorIndian Terrain PantaloonsManish MalhotraReliance Brands Ltd.Siyaram Silk Mills||Raymond’s India Ltd.Ratan TextilesMangalam ArtsTrident ExportsSynergy Lifestyles Pvt. Ltd.NSL TextilesOBT CarpetsShahi ExportsMafatlal Industries Ltd.PorticoManish Arora|
Textile Designing Colleges
While many colleges offer courses related to textile designing, you should know the best colleges that you should consider for taking admission in this course:
National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad
INR 2.6 lakhs
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Mumbai
INR 2.7 lakhs
Pearl Academy, Delhi
INR 5.3 lakhs
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Delhi
INR 2.7 lakhs
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hyderabad
INR 2.7 lakhs
National Institute of Design (NID), Vijayawada
INR 1.8 lakhs
Satyam Fashion Institute, Noida
INR 1.5 lakhs
Gandhi Institute of Fashion and Textile, Ahmedabad
INR 1.7 lakhs
International Institute of Fine Arts, Modinagar
INR 90,000 – 1 lakh
The Design Village, Noida
INR 4.5 lakhs
- What is Biomedical Engineering? Career, Jobs, Courses, Salary, Entrance exams
- Interior Designing Courses after 12th – Admission Process, Eligibility, Syllabus, Fee, Scope, Salary
- Fashion Design Courses after 12th- Admission Process, Eligibility, Top Recruiters, Salary, Job Profile