Web Designing -Type of Courses, Eligibility, Fees, Duration, Job Scope, Skill Required for Web Designer
What is Web Designing?
Web Designing is one of the most popular jobs these days and promises a good package after completing the course. Candidates can pursue B.Tech/BE in CS or IT, Diploma in Web Design, Certificate course, or Postgraduate degree.
Candidates can work as a Web Designer, Web Developer, Front End Web Developer, Application Developer, Web Analyst, etc. Companies like Cognizant, Wipro, IIM, and Oracle hire students with web designing expertise.
Candidates also get to work as a freelancer and take independent projects. Candidates can even pursue web designing courses online.
Courses for Web Designing, Fees, and Duration
If you want to know all about courses for web designing along with fees and duration of each course, look at the table below:
|Course Name||Duration||Average Fees (INR)|
|Diploma in Web Designing||2 years||40,000 – 6 lakhs|
|Diploma in Multimedia & Web Designing||2 years||40,000 – 2 lakhs|
|Diploma in Web Designing & Software Development||2 years||50,000 – 15 lakhs|
|Advanced Diploma in Web Designing||1 year||12,000 – 1 lakh|
|Advanced Diploma in Multimedia & Web Designing||1 year|
|Advanced Diploma in Office Automation & Web Designing||1 year|
|Advanced Diploma in Internet & Web Designing||1 year|
|B.Sc. in Multimedia and Web Design||3 years||50,000 – 3 lakhs|
|B.Tech/BE in Computer Science or Information Technology||4 years||INR 2 lakhs – 10 lakhs|
|Certificate in Web Designing||1 year – 2 years||20,000 – 40,000|
|Certificate in Multimedia Web Designing||1 year – 2 years||INR 40,000 – 1.25 lakhs|
|Certificate in Internet & Web Designing||1 year – 2 years||20,000 – 30,000|
|Certificate in Office Automation & Web Designing||1 year – 2 years||5,500 – 50,000|
|Certificate in Application Software and Web Designing||1 year – 2 years||15,000 – 4 lakhs|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Web Designing||2 years||15,000 – 1 lakh|
|M.Sc. in E-Commerce and Web Design||2 years||30,000 – 50,000|
Web Designing How to Learn
If you are someone who wishes to pursue a web designing course and become an expert in the field, you can opt for courses such as certificate, diploma, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PG diploma. These courses vary from 6 months to 4 years.
Once completion, of course, candidates will be given a chance to work for many IT companies and other reputed companies.
Also, see – Interior Designing Courses after 12th
Types of Web Designing Courses
- Diploma in Web Designing
- Diploma in Multimedia & Web Designing
- Diploma in Web Designing & Software Development
- Advanced Diploma in Web Designing
- Advanced Diploma in Multimedia & Web Designing
- Advanced Diploma in Office Automation & Web Designing
- Advanced Diploma in Internet & Web Designing
- Certificate in Web Designing
- Certificate in Multimedia Web Designing
- Certificate in Internet & Web Designing
- Certificate in Office Automation & Web Designing
- Certificate in Application Software and Web Designing
- B.Sc. in Multimedia and Web Design
- B.Tech/BE in Computer Science or Information Technology
- M.Sc. in E-Commerce and Web Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Web Designing
Web Design Eligibility
- For admission to UG, Certificate, and Diploma courses, candidates need to pass 10+2 in any discipline from a recognized board.
- For PG Courses admission, candidates need to complete a bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to web designing from a recognized university.
- Admission to UG courses is done on the basis of UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design) and for PG courses, candidates can appear for CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design).
- In the case of B.Tech courses, candidates can appear for engineering entrance exams such as JEE Main, BITSAT, SRMJEEE, etc.
Skills required for Web Designing
- Candidates are required to have good communication skills. This skill will be used in communication with clients and the rest of the colleagues and team.
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of computers and must have command over programming languages.
- Out of the box thinking for a creative vision is required for this job.
Also, see – Top 10 websites for Online Education
Job Scope for Web Designing and Types of Web Design
Web Designing aspirants get to work for both IT and non-IT companies. Companies can hire a web designing students as web designer web developer, front – end developer, back – end developer, Web analyst, web application developer, etc.
Candidates can apply in either government firms or private firms. If a candidate wants to work independently, they can work as a freelance web designer.
Web Designer Job Profile
- Front End Developer
- Back End Developer
- Web Analyst
- Web Marketing Analyst
- Web Application Developer
- Web Designer
- Design and Layout Analyst
Job Areas for Web Designers
- IT Corporations
- Education Websites
- Ad Agencies
- Publishing Houses
- Media Agencies
- Marketing Companies
- Design Agency
Types of Web Design
- Minimalist Web Design
- Illustrative Web Design
- Single Page Web Design
- Typography Web Design
- Flat Web Design
- Realism Web Design
- Isometric Web Design
- Freehand Drawing Web Design
- Combination Web Design
- Fonts Web Design
Web Designing Salary
Web Designer Salary for fresher is between INR 10,000 to 25,000 per month. On the other hand, if you have gained some experience in this field, you can get a salary between INR 25,000 to 40,000 per month. This figure can be greater if the candidate gets to work in a large company or MNC.
In the USA and other overseas companies, a web designer earns up to $ 71,714 per year.
Top Institutes for Web Design
We recommend you to look for the following institutes for web designing learning and development:
- National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Arena Animation, Mumbai
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Ambala
- Indian School of Design and Innovation, Mumbai
- All India Information Technology Association, Indore
- Management and Design Academy, Delhi
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Raebareli
Web Designing Interview Question – FAQs
Candidates who worry about web designing interview questions to be asked by the recruiters need not worry. You can see some of the questions below to take a basic idea about what type of questions are asked in an interview.
Q1: What are the programming languages used in web designing?
Q2: What do you mean by the term DOCTYPE?
A: DOCTYPE delivers to the browser about the type of HTML to be used on a web page. Then the browser uses the DOCTYPE to determine how a page should be extracted.
Q3: What is Dreamweaver Template?
A: This template enables the webmaster to tell ‘non-editable’ and ‘editable’ areas of a webpage. In this template, the non-editable template can be edited.
Q4: When you should use CSS float in CSS?
A: Through this, an element can be pushed through the right or left side.
Q5: How do you learn Web Designing?
Q6: How do you set a background image on a webpage?
A: To set a background image, follow the steps below:
<body background =”image.jpeg”>
To fix the background image to not let it move while moving the browser, add tag
<body background =”image.jpeg”bgproperties=”fixed”>
Q7: Tell the difference between HTML elements and tags.
A: HTML elements let you tell a browser about how to render text. When a set is compressed between <> angular brackets, it becomes an HTML tag.
Q8: What does CSS stand for and why is it used?
A: CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. It is used to control text dimensions, text style sheets, and for site shading. It is used for faster page downloads, style efficiency, and it is easier to work with.