Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore announce Mid-Year PhD (including ERP) Admission 2019
IISc Bangalore PhD Admission 2019 – Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore has invited applications for admission to the Research (PhD) Program & External Registration Program (ERP) in a few departments of the Institute for the year 2019.
- Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science and Automation, Computational and Data Sciences-Computational Science stream, Electrical Communication Engineering, Electronic Systems Engineering, Instrumentation and Applied Physics , Inorganic & Physical Chemistry, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Molecular Reproduction Development and Genetics, Nanoscience and Engineering, Physics, and Solid State and Structural Chemistry.
- Interdisciplinary Programs – Bio systems Science and Engineering, Energy
See: PHD Admission
Eligibility Criteria for IISc Bangalore PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates possessing a minimum of second class in the following degrees are eligible to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/4-year Bachelor of Science: Valid GATE score* or NET JRF** is mandatory
- Master’s degree in Science / Master’s degree in Economics, Geography, Social Work, Psychology, Management, Commerce, Operations Research, Computer Science/ Application: Valid GATE score or NET JRF is mandatory
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Agriculture/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Science: Desirable to have a valid GATE score or NET JRF.
- MS/MBA (post BE/B.Tech) – (applicable for the department of Management Studies/Ecological Sciences): Desirable to have valid GATE score or NET JRF.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering/ Technology from any centrally funded technical institution, with a minimum CGPA of 8.5 out of 10 or its equivalent: Desirable to have valid GATE score or NET JRF.
- MBBS/MD: Desirable to have valid GATE score or NET JRF
- *The GATE score should be valid as on January 1, 2019. Candidates securing the valid GATE score for the years 2017/2018/2019 may apply.
- ** NET JRF includes – CSIR-UGC NET for JRF; UGC-NET for JRF; DBT JRF; ICMR JRF; JEST; NBHM; INSPIRE.
- Short-listing is based either on national entrance tests performance or on the academic performance in the qualifying degree examination as per the table above
- The final selection is based on the performance at an interview in an interview, or in some cases, a written test and interview.
- (Note that candidates who were called for the interview held in May 2019 in any of the above-mentioned departments are also eligible to apply again.)
- Reservation for SC/ST/PwD (Persons with disability) and Kashmiri-Migrant candidates: As per Government of India regulations
See: Admission Notification and Dates
IISc Bangalore PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application is available online only. Candidates can apply online through www.iisc.ac.in/admissions using the link “New user Registration / Login”
- Application Fee (non-refundable)
- General / OBC – Rs.800/-
- SC / ST / PwD – Rs.400/-
- ERP – Rs.2000/-
- *any bank or payment gateway service charges must be borne by the candidate
Mode of Payment for Application Fee
- Only online Payment mode is available (includes internet-banking, debit card, Visa/Master credit card payments)
IISc Bangalore PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Website opens for online submission of applications 01st October 2019
- Last date for online submission of applications website closes – 24:00 hours of 31st October 2019)
- Date of the Interview: 18th November 2019 – 19th November 2019
- Commencement of the session: 01st January 2020