Institute of Infrastructure Technology Research & Management (IITRAM) Ahmedabad announces PhD Admission 2021-22 (Autumn Semester)
IITRAM PhD Admission 2021 – Institute of Infrastructure Technology Research & Management (IITRAM) Ahmedabad invites applications for Admission to Regular and Part-Time PhD Program in various disciplines for the academic year 2021-22 (Autumn Semester).
Interested candidates can check more details on IITRAM PhD Admission 2021 from the page below and apply for the same on or before June 11, 2021.
- Regular and Part-Time Ph.D. Program from eligible candidates at the Departments of (i) Civil Engineering, (ii) Electrical and Computer Science Engineering, (iii) Mechanical and Aero-space Engineering, (iv) Humanities and Social Sciences (English, Sociology, Economics) (v) Basic Sciences (Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) for the academic year 2021-22 (Autumn Semester)
- Ph.D. Program is offered under the category of (i) Sponsored Candidate (ii) Self-Financed Candidate and (iii) Fellowship Awardee (FA).
IITRAM PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Opening of Application Portal and submission of online application :- 12th May 2021 to 11th June 2021
- Last date for submission of scanned Application form with all necessary enclosures :- 11th June 2021 (By 17:00 Hrs.)
- Announcement of short-listed candidates for interview : 16th June 2021 (By 17:00 Hrs.)
- Conduct of Interview and Verification of documents (via online mode) :- Dates will be announced later
- Display of result :- Dates will be announced later
- Payment of Fees :- Dates will be announced later
- Commencement of Term :- Dates will be announced later
Eligibility Criteria for IITRAM PhD Admission 2021
Candidate shall possess the following in appropriate subject areas:
- Engineering/Technology: Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree, with First Class* or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) and Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with First class* or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST).
- Basic Sciences: Master’s degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent degree, with First class* or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) and Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering with First class* or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Humanities and Social Sciences: Master’s degree in Arts / Commerce / Science / Engineering / Technology or equivalent degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) and Bachelor’s degree in Arts/ Commerce / Science / Engineering / Technology with First class* or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or Post graduate Diploma of 2 years duration with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) and Bachelor’s degree in Arts / Commerce / Science/Engineering / Technology with 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST)
- For candidates satisfying minimum eligibility criteria, following additional credentials (as applicable) are desirable:
- Valid GATE/CEED score.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/UGC/NBHM/DBT or DST INSPIRE
- Fellowship or UGC NET Lectureship (LS).
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience (acquired after obtaining the
- qualifying post graduate degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought).
IITRAM PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Fill up the Application Form Online
- The application form is available on the Institute website – www.iitram.ac.in.
- Fill it up properly and submit the duly filled application form online from 12th May 2021 to 11th June 2021. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- There is no application fee.
- The candidates who have been offered admission shall have to pay the fees as shown below:
- Tuition Fees for Sponsored candidates / Self-Financed candidates : Rs.35,000/-
- Tuition Fees for Fellowship Awardee candidates : Rs.20,000/-
- Tuition Fees for Sponsored SC/ST/SEBC candidates or Self Financed candidates of SC/ST/SEBC : Rs.30,000/-
- Hostel Fees : Rs.6000/-
- Mess Fees # (For Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks)(Rs. 165/- per day) : Rs.25080/-
- Stationery Fees : Rs.1000/-
- Insurance Charges (approx.) : Rs. 2000/-
One Time Fees:
- Institute Caution of Money (Refundable)* : Rs.1500/-
- Hostel Caution Money (Refundable)** : Rs.5000/-
- Mess Caution Money (Refundable)** : Rs.4000/-
- Admission is offered on the basis of performance in the interview (via online mode).
- The Departmental Research Committee will shortlist the candidates for interview. Merely satisfying the eligibility criteria do not guarantee being called for an interview (via online mode).
- The candidates shortlisted for the Interview (via online mode) can be asked to give a brief presentation on any topic of their research interest.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website