Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar and Mandi announces Admission to PhD Joint Degree Program 2024, Apply now
IIT Ropar-IIT Mandi PhD Joint Degree Program Admission 2024 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi and Ropar invites application for Admission to PhD Joint Degree Program in various disciplines for session 2024-25. The Joint Degree Program (JDP) offers PhD students enrolled in both institutions the chance to collaborate on a multidisciplinary research project with faculty members and research teams from IIT Mandi and IIT Ropar, as well as to take advantage of the facilities and professional development opportunities offered by both institutions. Interested candidates can check out more details on IIT Ropar-IIT Mandi PhD Joint Degree Program Admission 2024 from the page below.
IIT Ropar-IIT Mandi PhD Joint Degree Program Admission 2024
PhD Programs is offered in following School/Centre
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR),
- Biosciences & Bioengineering,
- Chemical Sciences,
- Civil & Environmental Engineering,
- Computing and Electrical Engineering,
- Humanities & Social Sciences,
- Indian Knowledge System and Mental Health Application (IKSMHA),
- Mathematical & Statistical Sciences,
- Mechanical and Materials Engineering,
- Physical Sciences,
- Starting date for filling Online Application: 12th October, 2023
- Last date for filling Online Application: 04th November, 2023
- Declaration of shortlisted candidates list: Will be Published on IIT Mandi website
- Shortlisted candidates: Will be informed by email
Regular Full Time Scholars
PhD in Engineering/Sciences/Humanities
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ Science/Other with a good academic record or a Master’s degree by research in Engineering/Technology disciplines, with a good academic record, are eligible.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit are eligible for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration. In the case of candidates with more than 5 years of relevant experience after the Master’s degree, the requirement of a test score may be waived by the Selection Committee.
- (NOTE: In case a candidate with a Master’s degree in sciences applies for Ph.D. Programme in Engineering, the candidate is required to have a valid GATE score for fellowship of MoE/Institute. However if a candidate who has a Master’s degree in Sciences applies for a PhD Programme in sciences he is required to have GATE or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification once in academic career.)
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission (without previous Master’s Degree) to Ph.D. Programme as a regular full time scholar subject to the following conditions:
- B. Tech / BE degree from Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs), with a minimum CGPA of 7.5 on a 10.0 point scale (or equivalent). (National Level examination are waived off for HTRA Scholarship)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from Non-CFTIs with valid GATE or other equivalent national exam qualification (Validity required at the time of joining) and CGPA of at least 7.5 out of 10.0 (or equivalent).
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology, serving for two years or more in a reputed R&D Organization and having a proven research record.
- In the present call, the students for the PhD JDP will be admitted only in the Regular category. An eligible student in this category works full-time and receives assistantship from the Institute.
- The candidate should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria of the Home institution of the respective projects as mentioned in the link below.
- Online Application form & Information brochure (Including the admission schedule along with the important dates) is available on the institute website at the following link: https://alliance.iitmandi.ac.in/iitrpr/
- You are required to submit the application form ONLINE. No Downloadable Forms will be available after filling the form, you are advised to take a print of your application for your records.
- For each project, candidates should submit a separate application with the application fee.
- General/EWS/OBC/OBC (NCL)/Transgender/Foreign Nationals: Rs.200/-
- Women/SC/ST/PD: Rs.100/-
Mode of Payment:
- SBI Collect Portal- Applicant should submit fee on SBI collect portal of the IIT Mandi and submit generated transaction number to the admission application portal Link: (https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm )
- One application fee is valid for the single application. The application fee is NONREFUNDABLE.
- The final selection process to PhD program to any Centres / Schools at IIT Mandi will be through a written test and/or interview as specified by individual Centre / Schools.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website