Indian Institute of Technology announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
IIT Mandi PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi invites application for Admission to PhD programs in various disciplines for session 2023-24.
IIT Mandi PhD Admission 2023
PhD Programs is offered in following School/Centre
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR),
- Biosciences & Bioengineering,
- Chemical Sciences,
- Civil & Environmental Engineering,
- Computing and Electrical Engineering,
- Humanities & Social Sciences,
- Indian Knowledge System and Mental Health Application (IKSMHA),
- Mathematical & Statistical Sciences,
- Mechanical and Materials Engineering,
- Physical Sciences,
- Starting date for filling Online Application: 17th April, 2023
- Last date for filling Online Application: 07th May, 2023
- Declaration of shortlisted candidates list: Will be Published on IIT Mandi website
Regular Full Time Scholars
PhD in Engineering/Sciences/Humanities
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ Science/Other with a good academic record or a Master’s degree by research in Engineering/Technology disciplines, with a good academic record, are eligible.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit are eligible for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration. In the case of candidates with more than 5 years of relevant experience after the Master’s degree, the requirement of a test score may be waived by the Selection Committee.
- (NOTE: In case a candidate have Master’s degree in sciences applies for Ph.D. Programme in Engineering, the candidate is required to have a valid GATE score for fellowship of MoE/Institute. However if a candidate who has a Master’s degree in Sciences applies for PhD Programme in sciences he is required to have GATE or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification once in academic career.)
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission (without previous Master’s Degree) to Ph.D. Programme as a regular full time scholar subject to the following conditions:
- B. Tech / BE degree from Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs), with a minimum CGPA of 7.5 on a 10.0 point scale (or equivalent). (National Level examination are waived off for HTRA Scholarship)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from Non-CFTIs with valid GATE or other equivalent national exam qualification (Validity required at the time of joining) and CGPA of at least 7.5 out of 10.0 (or equivalent).
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology, serving for two years or more in a reputed R&D Organization and having a proven research record.
PhD under Part-Time/External Registration Programme Category
- The required qualification for both programmes remains the same as for the regular candidates as mentioned above except for the requirement of qualifying in one of the national entrance tests. Additionally, the candidate should have at least two years of work experience as mentioned above.
Project to PhD Admission
- This category includes project staff working on research projects in the Institute who have worked on such projects for a period of 6 months or more. They may be considered for admission to the Ph.D. Programme (guided by the same PI only) with strong support of the candidature by the PI. The selection procedure will be the same as for the regular Ph.D. Programme. The minimum educational qualifications are the same as for regular Ph.D. Programme.
- In addition to general eligibility criterion, the applicants must also satisfy the eligibility criteria specified for the respective Departments / Centres / Schools / Interdisciplinary Groups. Over and above the general eligibility criteria for admission, candidates need to satisfy additional criteria for financial support / fellowship, as specified under specific admission categories [Please refer Table-I of brochure].
- Online Application form & Information brochure (Including the admission schedule along with the important dates) is available on the institute website at the following link: https://www.iitmandi.ac.in/msphd-admissions
- Please read the instructions given in the brochure carefully before filling up the applications.
- You are required to submit the application form ONLINE. No Downloadable Forms will be available after filling the form, you are advised to take a print of your application for your records.
- For each specialization, candidates should submit a separate application with the application fee.
- General/EWS/OBC/OBC (NCL)/Transgender/Foreign Nationals: Rs.200/-
- Women/SC/ST/PD: Rs.100/-
- The final selection process to PhD program to any Centres / Schools at IIT Mandi will be through a written test and/or interview as specified by individual Centre / Schools.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website