Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jodhpur announces Admission to PhD Program for July 2023 Session, Apply now
IIT Jodhpur PhD Admission 2023 – The Centre for Education & Technology for Education (CETE) at IIT Jodhpur invites applications for Admission to PhD Program offered in various disciplines for First Semester of the Academic Year 2023-24 commencing in July 2023.
IIT Jodhpur PhD Admission 2023
- PhD (Chemistry)
- PhD (Mathematics)
- PhD (Physics)
- PhD (Biosciences and Bioengineering)
- PhD. (Computer Science & Engineering)
- PhD (Electrical Engineering)
- PhD (Mechanical Engineering)
- PhD. (Metallurgical & Materials Engineering)
- PhD (AUV Technologies)
- PhD (Cognitive Science)
- PhD (Digital Humanities)
- PhD (IOT & Applications)
- PhD. (Quantum Information and Computation)
- PhD (Smart Healthcare)
- PhD (Space Technologies)
Humanities & Social Sciences
- PhD (Humanities & Social Sciences)
- Applications Open (for session commencing in July 2023 Sem 1) 31 May, 2023
- Deadline of Online Applications 23 June 2023
- Release of list of Shortlisted Applicants 03 July 2023
- Submission of Statement of Purpose (SoPs) by shortlisted applicants 07 July 2023
- Interviews (Tentative) 10 July 2023
- Declaration of List of Provisionally selected applicants (Tentative) 14 July 2023
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Jodhpur PhD Admission 2023
- Applicants with a Master’s degree in Engineering namely M.Tech, M. E., M. Sc. (Engineering) or MS by Research with at least 60% marks or at least 6.5/10 Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). Such students are required to have at least 60% marks or 6.5/10 CPI or CGPA in Bachelor’s degree
- B.Tech, B.E. or B.Sc. (Engineering) degree with at least 80% marks or at least 8/10 CPI or CGPA and a valid GATE score, and B.Tech. degree from any of the IITs with at least 8/10 CPI or CGPA with a valid GATE Score Card.
- Master’s degree in Sciences with at least 60% marks or at least 6.5/10 CPI or CGPA with a valid GATE, CSIR, UGC score card or equivalent. Such students are required to have at least 60% marks or 6.5/10 CPI or CGPA in Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants holding Master’s degree in Engineering also are eligible to apply for PhD Programme in Sciences with at least 70% marks or 7/10 CPI or CGPA. Again, such applicants are required to have at least 70% marks or 7/10 CPI or CGPA in both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree.
Humanities and Social Sciences Discipline
- Master’s degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Engineering or allied areas with at least 55% marks or 6.0/10 CPI or CGPA with a valid GATE, UGC or CSIR score
- Applicants holding only Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with B.Tech, B.E. or B.Sc.(Engineering) degree with at least 80% marks or 8/10 CPI or CGPA and a valid GATE score card; and B.Tech. degree from any of the IITs with at least 8/10 CPI or CGPA or a valid GATE score card.
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website http://iitj.ac.in/
- Applicants should use the online application form (https://oa.iitj.ac.in/OA_PG_ADMISSION), which will be activated during the time of admissions.
- Applicants shortlisted for the written test and/or interview will be required to bring the final submitted application form duly signed along with a copy of valid GATE score card at the time of written examination and/or interview.
- For General and OBC applicants – Rs. 300/-
- For SC, ST, and PD applicants – Rs. 150/-
- The Academic Committee will shortlist the applicants with a proven academic record based on a cut-off of the GATE, CSIR or UGC score card or equivalent.
- The shortlisted applicants will be called for the Written Examination and/or Interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website