Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur announce Admission to Part Time Ph.D. Program 2020 under Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme
IIT Jodhpur Part Time PhD Admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur invites applications for admission to part-time Ph.D. program for the Semester commencing in January 2020.
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India has initiated “Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT” with an objective to enhance the number of PhDs in Electronics System Design & Manufacturing (ESDM) and IT/IT Enabled Services (IT/ITES) sectors in the country.
- For this objective, IIT Jodhpur invites applications for admission to part-time Ph.D. program for the Semester commencing in January 2020
- The aim of this Ph.D. Program is to develop graduates having good knowledge and research training and interested to contribute in emerging areas of ESDM and IT/ITES. Major highlight of this scheme is that the candidate will be eligible for one time incentive of Rs. 2,50,000/- on successful completion of the PhD.
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- Research areas for admission are as follows:
- Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Applied machine learning, IoT, Cloud Computing, Smart Cities and Network Security, Software Engineering for AI systems, Microelectronics/Nanotechnology, VLSI Circuits and Systems, Signal Processing, Image Processing and retrieval, Pattern Recognition, Multimedia Security, Sensors, Fiber Optics and Photonics, Haptics, Control System, Power Electronics, Robotics.
- Depending on the number of vacancies, admissions for the above mentioned areas would be carried out in the following departments.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Detailed information about the research areas of Faculty Members in the above departments can be obtained from the Institute website at www.iitj.ac.in.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Jodhpur Part Time PhD Admission 2020
- The eligibility criteria prescribed below are the absolute minimum. The Selection Committee may prescribe requirements over and above these.
- Students admitted in this category shall be a full-time employee of a recognized Institute, University or Organization.
- A part-time student is a working professional who, while employed, attend regular classes as per the schedule of the Institute.
- The student must be employed in the neighborhood of IIT Jodhpur. The student must produce a NOC from the employer for pursuing the programme at IIT Jodhpur.
- The student can register only for a limited number of credits as compared to a full-time regular student. The student shall not be eligible for any financial support, and needs to get her/his application forwarded by her/his employer.
- Candidates admitted in this category shall not be a registered student in any other academic program in India or abroad.
- The applicant must have a master’s degree in engineering, pharmacy, agricultural science, science, humanities, social sciences, management with at least 60% marks or at least 6.0/10 CPI or CGPA for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC (55% for SC/ST), OR
- The applicant must have MBBS with MD/MS, BVSc with MVSc, BDS with MDS, BPTh with MPTh, BOTh with MOTh or equivalent with at least 60% marks or at least 6.0/10 CPI or CGPA for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC (55% for SC/ST) in bachelor’s degree. OR
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree of minimum four-year duration in engineering or science or medicine or pharmacy or agricultural science or veterinary science or equivalent with at least 70% marks or at least 7.0/10 CPI or CGPA for GEN/OBC (65% for SC/ST).
- The applicant must have a minimum of two years of work experience (after qualifying degree) in industry/R&D laboratories/Academic Institutions at the time of registration to the program.
- The applicant must qualify the written test and/or interview conducted by IIT Jodhpur
- The norms of reservation for different categories shall be adopted as laid down by the Government of India.
IIT Jodhpur Part Time PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Applicants are requested to use the following link to fill and submit the application form online: https://oa.iitj.ac.in/OA_PG_ADMISSION
- For admission to the 2019-20 Second Semester commencing in January 2020, this online link will remain active till 03 Dec 2019.
- Applicants are required to pay the processing fee of Rs.300 for General and OBC/EWS applicants and Rs.150 for SC, ST, and PD applicants online while submitting the application form.
- In case of any query with respect to online application, candidates may contact the Office of Academics (firstname.lastname@example.org) and other general queries may be directed to the offices of the respective departments (See Section F of this letter).
IIT Jodhpur Part Time PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date of filling online application form: 03rd December 2019
- Announcement of shortlisted applicants for the admission process: 05th December 2019
- Date of written test and/or Interview: 11th December 2019
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur, Office of Academics, NH 65, Nagaur Road, Karwar, Jodhpur 342037, INDIA, Phone: (0291) 280 1132; eMail: email@example.com, Website http://iitj.ac.in/