Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi announces admission to PhD and M.S.(Research) Program 2023-24 (2nd Semester)
IIT Delhi PhD and M.S. (Research) Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi invites applications for admission to Ph.D. and M.S.(R) Programmes (2nd Semester) in various departments/Centre/School for the academic year 2023-24. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi is one of the seven older established Institutes of Technology in India. IIT Delhi has been accorded the status of “Institute of Eminence” by Government of India, one out of only three public institutions to have been granted this honour. The Institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes through its Departments, Centres, and Schools
IIT Delhi PhD and M.S. (Research) Admission 2023
- Ph.D Program in various disciplines
- M.S.(Research) Program in various disciplines
- Submission of Online Application Commences on : October 09, 2023 (12:00 noon)
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application and Application Fee : October 27, 2023 (04:00 pm)
- Range of Dates for Test / Interview : December 01 – December 12, 2023
- Date of Orientation and Registration for New Students : 30th December 2023
- Commencement of Classes : 01st January 2024
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Delhi PhD and M.S. (Research) Admission 2023
- A CGPA of 6.0 for General/OBC/EWS (5.50 for SC/ST/PwD) on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/ PwD) in aggregate (of all the years/semesters of the qualifying degree). For admission to a full time PhD/MS(R) programme, the qualifying GATE/National Exam is required. For sponsored/Part-time candidates, the details of minimum experience (full time) after qualifying degree and as on date of registration are given in the information Brochure. The requirement of GATE/ National Exam is waived for some graduates/ students from CFTIs.
- For detailed eligibility criteria and other information, please refer to the Information Brochure.
- Submission of Application is only through online procedure.
- Online submission of the application form may be made by accessing the Institute website: https://home.iitd.ac.in/pg-admissions.php
- The application fees are non-refundable.
- Candidates are NOT required to send a hard copy of the application form and bank challan.
- For the General/OBC/EWS category : Rs. 200/-
- For SC/ST/PwD categories : Rs. 50/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through debit card/credit card/net banking
- Admission to PhD programs are normally made on the basis of an interview of eligible candidates conducted by the Department/Centre/School concerned, through its Department Research Committee (DRC) / Centre Research Committee (CRC)/ School Research Committee (SRC). DRC/CRC/SRC may decide to conduct a written test as well, or multiple interviews, or other ways of testing, in order to screen the candidates.
- M.S. (R) selections for Academic Year 2023-24 will be done on the basis of GATE score and interviews (via videoconferencing) with applicable exemptions.
Financial Assistance And Other Support
- A scheme for the award of Teaching/Research Assistantship for providing financial assistance to the students exists. In terms of this scheme, those non-sponsored students who are admitted on full-time basis are considered for the award of Half Time Teaching/Research Assistantship
M.S. (R) Program
- A scheme for the award of Teaching/Research Assistantship for providing financial assistance to the students exists. The present scheme is described below:
- Students admitted to M.S. (Research) on a full-time basis are considered for the award of Teaching Assistantship under which they will be paid Rs.12,400/- per month and would be required to provide assistance of 8 hours/week to the Department/Centre/School.
- The maximum duration for which Assistantship can be awarded to M.S.(R) students is 4 semesters.
- Only full-time non-sponsored students who have qualified GATE are eligible for assistantship
Fore more details and apply please visit the official website