IIT Delhi notifies to M.Tech/ PhD M.S. (Research) and M.Des admission 2019
IIT Delhi M.Tech, PhD, M.Des, MS (Research) Admission 2019 – Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi invites applications for admission in M.Tech, PhD, M.S (Research) and M.Des. For the year 2019
IIT Delhi Admissions 2019 Important Dates
- Submission of online application commences on: 09th March 2019
- Last date for submission of online application and application fee: 30th March 2019
- Ranges of dates for Test/Interview: 07th May 2019- 31st May 2019
- Date of orientation and registration for new students: 19-20 July 2019
- Commencement of classes: 22nd July 2019
See: PhD Admissions
Duration: Minimum period of registration required for students with M.Tech. or equivalent qualifications is 2 years whereas those with B. Tech. or equivalent qualifications is 3 years. All candidates are allowed a maximum of 7 years for submission of their theses.
For full time PhD Program:
- M.Tech/M.E/ M.D/ equivalent: 60% marks or 6.00 CGPA on a 10 point scale
- M.Sc. / MBA/ MA/ M.B.B.S or equivalent: 60% marks or 6.00 CGPA on a 10 point scale and qualified GATE/CSIR/UGC/NET/ICAR/ICMAR/DST- INSPIRE fellowship
- B.E/B.Tech or equivalent: 70% marks or 7.00 CGPA on a 10 point scale and qualified GATE/CSIR/UGC NET/ ICAR/DST INSPIRE Fellowship
- Candidates in the final year of their programmes and who expect to complete all their qualifying degree requirements before the date of registration are also eligible to apply for admissions. For short-listing purposes, their performance until the preceding semester (preceding year if their programmes are year based) would be considered but their admission would be provisional, subject to their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria after their final qualifying examination results are announced.
- For SC/ST/PH category students, minimum performance in the qualifying degree with postgraduate qualifications (first two rows in Table 1) is relaxed from 60% to 55% (CGPA relaxed from 6.00 to 5.50)
For Part time and sponsored (Full time) PhD
M.E/ M.Tech/ M.S. (R)/ M.D or equivalent:
- B.E/ B.Tech/ M.Sc/ M.A/ M.BA/ MBBS equivalent from CFTI/ Central Universities with 1 year work experience
- B.E/ B.Tech/ M.Sc/ M.A/ M.BA/ MBBS equivalent from institutions other than CFTI/ Central Universities with 2 year work experience.
Sponsored (full-time) candidates seeking admission to a Ph.D. programme on the basis of study leave, must submit a “Sponsorship Certificate” on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following:
- for the period of his/her studies in the programme, the candidate would be treated as on duty with usual salary and allowances; and
- that he/she will be fully relieved and granted study leave for a minimum period of 3 years (2 years for M. Tech. and equivalent degree holders).
Part-time candidates are required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” (NOC) on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following:
- the candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis;
- he/she will be fully relieved from duty and permitted to reside at the Institute for the period of required residency that is essential for completing the course work (this is not a requirement for candidates who are working in NCR or organizations located within a distance of 50 km from the Institute);
- that his/her official duties permit him/her to attend required classes as per the Time Table of IIT Delhi;
- that his/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research;
- Facilities for research in the candidate’s field of research are available at the candidate’s place of work, in case the proposed Ph. D. research plan requires him/her to use these facilities when the candidate is physically present at this place of work.
Admission to the Ph.D. programmes is normally made on the basis
of an interview of eligible candidates conducted by the Department/Centre/School concerned, through its Department Research Committee (DRC) / Centre Research Committee (CRC)/ School Research Committee (SRC). DRC/CRC/SRC may decide to conduct a written test as well, or multiple interviews, or other ways or testing, in order to screen the candidates. Applications are invited from candidates by advertising the programmes in Employment News/web portals in March for the first semester and in October for the second semester every year
M.Tech, M.Des, M.S. (Research) programme:
Eligibility for programmes: B. Tech. or M.Sc. degree holders of a particular discipline are eligible for admission to one or more programmes. The list of programmes to which a graduate of a specific discipline is eligible to apply, is given in Annexure III.
Programme duration: The minimum duration of M. Tech., M.S.(Research) and M. Des. programmes is 4 semesters (24 months) for full time and 6 semesters (36 months) for part-time programmes and M. Tech. (High Value Assistantship) programmes.
For Part time M.Tech/ MS (R)
- M.Tech/ MS (R): B.E/B.Tech/ M.Sc or equivalent form CFTI/ Central Universities: 6 months
- M.Tech / MS (R): B.E/ B.Tech/ M.Sc or equivalent and working in IIT Delhi ( Project or regular) with experience of 6 months
- M.Tech/ MS (R): B.E/ B.Tech /M.Sc or equivalent from institutions other than CFTIs/ Central Universities. With experience of 1 year
For Full time M.Tech/ M.S (R)/ M.Des:
- For M.Tech/ M.Tech (High Value Assistantship/ M.S. (R) (Direct admission without test/ interview): B.E/B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent with 75% marks or 7.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale with valid GATE score
- For M.Tech/ M.Tech (High Value Assistantship/ M.S. (R) (Direct admission with test/ interview) :
- B.E/B.Tech/ M.Sc or equivalent with 60% marks of 6.00 CGPA on a 10 point scale with valid GATE score
- M.Des (Direct admission without test/ interview): B.E/B.Tech/ B.Arch or equivalent: 75% marks or 7.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale with valid CEED score.
- M.Des (Direct admission with test/ interview): B.E/B.Tech/ B.Arch or equivalent: 60% marks or 6.00 CGPA on a 10 point scale with valid CEED score.
For Part time and sponsored (full time) M.Tech/ M.S (R) programme:
The following additional eligibility conditions and relaxations apply for the Part-time and sponsored full time programmes.
- Only employees of Public Sector Undertakings or Government Departments or Research and Development Organizations or Private Industries (approved by Faculty Boards) are eligible for admission to these programmes.
- Employees of only those organizations which are located within 50 Kilometers radius of IIT Delhi are eligible to be considered for admission to part-time M.Tech./ M.S.(R) programmes
- The minimum experience (Full Time) required after qualifying degree and as on date of registration is as given in Table 2 above
- Minimum qualification for these candidates is the same as for full-time candidates except that the requirement of qualifying in a national examination (column 4 in Table 3) is waived off.
Sponsored (full-time) candidates seeking admission to a M.Tech./M.S.(R)/M.Des. programme on the basis of study leave, must submit a “Sponsorship certificate” on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following:
- for the period of his/her studies in the programme, the candidate would be treated as on duty with usual salary and allowances, and
- that he/she will be fully relieved and granted study leave for a minimum period of 2 years
Part-time candidates are required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following:
- the candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis
- that his/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for studies
- that he/she will not be transferred to any other place during the period of study
RESERVATION OF SEATS
- 15% seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates.
- 27% seats are reserved for Non-Creamy layer OBC candidates. All candidates applying for admission under this category should produce the OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate applicable for OBCs in the Central list at the time of interview. For details and specimen form visit: http://www.iitd.ac.in.
- 05% seats in the respective categories are reserved for the Person with Disability (PwD) persons in the Postgraduate courses and Ph.D. Programmes.
- 05% seats are reserved for EWS (Economically Weaker Section) candidates (for the academic year 2019-20).
Submission of Application is only through online procedure. Candidates are NOT required to send hard copy of the application form and bank challan. Online submission of the application form may be made by accessing the Institute website <http://www.iitd.ac.in/pgadmission>. Candidates belonging to General/OBC category are required to pay for each application form a fee of Rs. 200/- and the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories are required to pay Rs. 50/-. The bank charges will be borne by the candidate.
For more information visit the official website
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Hauz Khas New Delhi 110016