Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology announces Admission to PhD Program 2024 (January Session), Apply now
IIST Trivandrum PhD Admission 2024 – Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram invites applications from highly motivated applicants for admission to the PhD Program (Sponsored/Regular) for the academic session starting in January 2024.Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology envisions basic and applied research for meeting the national R&D requirements of Science and Technology in general and the Indian Space Programme in particular. The institute provides a vibrant research atmosphere and offers doctoral and post-doctoral programmes. Candidates can check the post below for more details on IIST Trivandrum PhD Admission 2024 such as important dates, program offered, eligibility criteria, application process, etc.
IIST Trivandrum PhD Admission 2024
PhD Program Offered
- Aerospace Engineering
- Earth and Space sciences
- Opening of IIST website for online submission of applications 12 October 2023 (Thursday)- 1600 hrs
- Closing of IIST website for online submission of applications October 31, 2023
- Display of shortlisted candidates for Test & Direct Interview: November 08, 2023
- Date of online screening test: November 16, 2023 (Thursday)
- Publishing of screening test results: November 22, 2023
- Interview Dates (Venue: IIST Campus, Valiamala): December 5 – 8, 2023
- Display of provisionally selected candidates: December 14, 2023
- Reporting date at the Institution: January 01, 2023 (Monday)
- Classes begin for PhD Program: January 08, 2024 (Monday)
- Last date of Admission: January 15, 2024 (Monday)
- Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: Applicant should be below 35 years as on 09th October 2023. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government Rules.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology as their highest qualifying degree
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology must have secured 65% marks or 7.00CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50 CGPA on a scale of 10 for OBC / EWS, 55% marks or 6.00 CGPA on a scale of 10 for SC/ST/PD). They must have pursued their Master’s degree on the basis of a qualified GATE score. However, there is no GATE cut off score for applicants with M.Tech./M.E as the highest qualifying degree, who are applying for Ph.D. in Engineering Discipline.
- Applicants with Master of Science in Engineering or equivalent from leading foreign Universities with minimum CGPA 8/10 or 3.6 /4 or equivalent can be considered without a GATE score.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in Science as their highest qualifying degree
- Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area with a minimum of 65% marks or 7.00CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50CGPA on a scale of 10 for OBC / EWS, 55%marks or 6.00 CGPA on a scale of 10 for SC/ST/PD). They must have cleared a National level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-CSIR-NET-JRF/Lectureship/fellowship or NBHM/JEST/GATE and State Government Science and Technology Scheme, in the relevant disciplines.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in Humanities/Management/Social Sciences as their highest qualifying degree
- Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area of Humanities/Management / Social Sciences with a minimum of 65% marks or 7.00CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50CGPA on a scale of 10 for OBC / EWS, 55%marks or 6.00 CGPA on a scale of 10 for SC/ST/PD). They must have cleared a national level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-NET-JRF fellowship/State Government Science and Technology Scheme or similar fellowship schemes of Central/State Governments.
- Candidates, who have been provided research fellowships by State Government Science and Technology Scheme/DST-INSPIRE etc, are eligible to apply If they have already cleared a National level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-CSIR-NET Lectureship or JEST/GATE. A valid GATE score of minimum 500 for General Category (450 for OBC / EWS and 350 for SC/ST/PD categories) in a Science discipline or valid JEST rank within the first 300 is required.
- Masters Degree holders (Only for DOS/ISRO employees)
- Age Limit: Applicant should be below 48 years as on May 2024
- Educational Qualification & Eligibility: M.Tech/M.Sc/Master of Science/Master of Humanities or equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.50 out of 10.
- Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Fellowship: Part-time Ph.D. Scholars are not eligible for any Research Fellowship in addition to their applicable emoluments as ISRO/DoS employees.
For more eligibility details please check the official website https://www.iist.ac.in/admissions/phd/regular
- Applications shall be submitted online at the IIST website: admission.iist.ac.in. and duly forwarded to IIST by their respective Unit/Centres.
- The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in the profile registration once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the applicant while filling the profile.
- For General/EWS/OBC candidates: Rs. 700/- per Department
- For SC/ST/PD and Women applicants: Rs.350/- per Department
- Mode of Payment: Through online mode
- For M.E/M.Tech./B.E/B.Tech, selection to the PhD programme will be based on an online screening test followed by an interview. For M.E/M.Tech./B.E/B.Tech with a valid UGC/CSIR-NET-JRF/LS/NBHM/JEST selection is through direct interview.
- For candidates with Master’s in Sciences, Humanities, Management, Social Sciences/Dual Degree applicants (B.Tech and M.Sc from IITs/IIST)/ four years’ bachelor’s degree in Sciences, Humanities, Management, Social Sciences and having a valid score card/certificate in any of the National Eligibility Test (listed in the minimum qualifications), selection will be through direct interview
- Ph.D scholars with Bachelor’s degree as their highest qualification need to undergo additional course work, as prescribed by the institute
Research Fellowship (Regular)
- All scholars selected to the program specializations listed a fellowship of Rs.31000/- per month. (Research Scholars selected with UGC/CSIR/NET-JRF/NBHM and State Government Science and Technology Scheme etc., shall draw fellowship from the concerned organizations). For all research scholars with external fellowship, the concerned rules and regulations apply.
- The fellowship will be enhanced to Rs.35,000/- per month based on a performance review after two years of Research.
- The scholars will be required to assist the Departments in tutorials, practical training in labs or similar academic activities normally limited to 6 hours per week.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023