Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology announces Admission to PhD Program 2023 (July Session), Apply now
IIST Trivandrum PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram invites applications from highly motivated applicants for admission to the PhD Program (Sponsored/Regular) for the academic session starting in July 2023.
IIST Trivandrum PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
- Aerospace Engineering
- Earth and Space sciences
- Opening of IIST website for online submission of applications April 06, 2023
- Closing of IIST website for online submission of applications May 09, 2023
- Display of shortlisted candidates for Test: 19 May 2023
- Date of online screening test: 30 May 2023
- Publishing of screening test results: 06 June 2023
- Interview Dates: 13-16 June 2023
- Display of provisionally selected candidates: 27 June 2023
- Reporting date at the Institution: 10 July 2023
- Classes begin for Ph.D Programme 31 July 2023
- Last date of Admission 14 August 2023
- Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: Applicant should be below 35 years as on 09th May 2023. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government Rules.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology as their highest qualifying degree
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology must have secured 65% marks or 7.00CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50 CGPA on a scale of 10 for OBC / EWS, 55% marks or 6.00 CGPA on a scale of 10 for SC/ST/PD). They must have pursued their Master’s degree on the basis of a qualified GATE score. However, there is no GATE cut off score for applicants with M.Tech./M.E as the highest qualifying degree, who are applying for Ph.D. in Engineering Discipline.
- Applicants with Master of Science in Engineering or equivalent from leading foreign Universities with minimum CGPA 8/10 or 3.6 /4 or equivalent can be considered without a GATE score.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in Science as their highest qualifying degree
- Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area with a minimum of 65% marks or 7.00CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50CGPA on a scale of 10 for OBC / EWS, 55%marks or 6.00 CGPA on a scale of 10 for SC/ST/PD). They must have cleared a National level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-CSIR-NET-JRF/Lectureship/fellowship or NBHM/JEST/GATE and State Government Science and Technology Scheme, in the relevant disciplines.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in Humanities/Management/Social Sciences as their highest qualifying degree
- Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area of Humanities/Management / Social Sciences with a minimum of 65% marks or 7.00CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50CGPA on a scale of 10 for OBC / EWS, 55%marks or 6.00 CGPA on a scale of 10 for SC/ST/PD). They must have cleared a national level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-NET-JRF fellowship/State Government Science and Technology Scheme or similar fellowship schemes of Central/State Governments.
- Candidates, who have been provided research fellowships by State Government Science and Technology Scheme/DST-INSPIRE etc, are eligible to apply If they have already cleared a National level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-CSIR-NET Lectureship or JEST/GATE. A valid GATE score of minimum 500 for General Category (450 for OBC / EWS and 350 for SC/ST/PD categories) in a Science discipline or valid JEST rank within the first 300 is required.
- Masters Degree holders (Only for DOS/ISRO employees)
- Age Limit: Applicant should be below 48 years as on May 2023
- Educational Qualification & Eligibility: M.Tech/M.Sc/Master of Science/Master of Humanities or equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.50 out of 10.
- Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Fellowship: Part-time Ph.D. Scholars are not eligible for any Research Fellowship in addition to their applicable emoluments as ISRO/DoS employees.
For more eligibility details please check the official website https://www.iist.ac.in/admissions/phd/regular
- Applications shall be submitted online at the IIST website: admission.iist.ac.in. and duly forwarded to IIST by their respective Unit/Centres.
- The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in the profile registration once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the applicant while filling the profile.
- For General/EWS/OBC candidates: Rs. 700/- per Department
- For SC/ST/PD and Women applicants: Rs.350/- per Department
- Mode of Payment: Through online mode
- Selection to the PhD program will be based on an online screening test followed by an interview. Interview will be conducted through Video Conference mode (Skype / Zoom)
- The IIST Part-time Ph.D. Program is open to Scientists/Engineers, Faculty Members working in any of the Centres/Units of ISRO/DoS including employees of IIST.
- Prospective candidates will fill an online application, duly forwarded to IIST by their respective Unit/Centres, giving details of their previous academic record, research experience, and publications, if any, along with a brief summary of the proposed research work.
Research Fellowship (Regular)
- All scholars selected to the program specializations listed a fellowship of Rs.31000/- per month. (Research Scholars selected with UGC/CSIR/NET-JRF/NBHM and State Government Science and Technology Scheme etc., shall draw fellowship from the concerned organizations). For all research scholars with external fellowship, the concerned rules and regulations apply.
- The fellowship will be enhanced to Rs.35,000/- per month based on a performance review after two years of Research.
- The scholars will be required to assist the Departments in tutorials, practical training in labs or similar academic activities normally limited to 6 hours per week.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023