Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali announces Admission to PhD Program 2024, Apply now
IISER Mohali PhD Admission 2024 – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Mohali applications are invited from prospective candidates for admission to the PhD program at IISER Mohali in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth and Environmental Sciences and Humanities and Social Sciences for the session beginning in January 2024. .Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas are also encouraged to apply. Indian Institutes of Science Education & Research (IISERs) were established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, based on the recommendation of the Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister. The basic mandate of the IISERs is to carry out research in frontier areas of science and to provide quality science education at the undergraduate and the postgraduate levels. Interested candidates can check more details on IISER Mohali PhD Admission 2024 from the page below.
IISER Mohali PhD Admission 2024
PhD Program Specialization
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Application Process: Ongoing
- The online application facility will be open till 12.00 noon, November 06, 2023 (Monday).
- Applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-JRF/ CSIR or UGC-NET (LS)/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT-BINC/ DST- INSPIRE/ NBHM qualified in the relevant subject or other national-level fellowship sponsored by private or state agencies
Detailed criteria set by each department are as follows:
- Biological Sciences: Applicant should have a Master’s degree / B.Tech / MBBS / M.Tech / M.Pharm with a good academic record (at least 60% and above) and should be GATE / CSIR-UGC (JRF/LS) / ICMR-JRF / ICAR-NET / DBT-JRF / DBT-BINC / DST-INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject or other national-level fellowship or sponsored fellowships by private or state agencies.
- Chemical Sciences: The applicant should have a Master’s degree / B.Tech / MBBS / M.Tech / M.Pharm in Chemical sciences, Physical and Biochemical sciences/biotechnology/ nanotechnology or any other relevant subject with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be CSIR-UGC (JRF/LS) / ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF / DBT-BINC / DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject or other national-level fellowship or sponsored fellowships by private or state agencies. Candidates’ research interests will be considered while assigning a laboratory and guide.
- Physical Sciences: The applicant should have a Master’s degree / B.Tech / M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class). The candidate should also have passed one of the following entrance tests: CSIR-UGC (JRF/LS), JEST-Physics, DST-INSPIRE in Physics, or GATE-Physics (all of these to be valid as of January 1, 2024).
- Earth and Environmental Sciences: An applicant should have a MSc/M. Tech degree with a first-class academic record throughout (minimum 65% for General/OBC category and minimum 60% for SC/ST/PD) in one or more of the following subjects: Atmospheric Sciences / Computer Sciences / Climate Sciences / Chemistry / Data Sciences / Artificial Intelligence / Earth and Environmental Sciences / Environmental Microbiology / Environmental Biotechnology / Environmental Engineering/ Geology / Geophysics / Hydrology / Mathematics / Meteorology / Microwave Remote Sensing / Planetary Science / Physics / Remote Sensing / Geomatics Engineering or BTech degree (with a minimum 75% for General /OBC category and minimum 70% for SC/ST/PD) in one or more of the following subjects: Computer Science and Information Technology/Data Sciences/ Artificial Intelligence/engineering streams (e.g. Civil / Aerospace / Agriculture / Electrical / Electronics and Communication). Applicants should have a valid national-level qualifying exam such as GATE, CSIR-UGC (JRF/LS) / DST-Inspire fellowship / DBT-JRF.
- Humanities and Social Sciences: Applicants should have an M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Phil / B.Arch / M.Arch degree (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.) in one or more of the following subjects: Critical Infrastructure Studies / Built environment studies / Development Studies / Economics / Artificial intelligence and future of work studies / English Literature in the areas of Trauma Studies, Scatology Studies, and Science-in-theatre/fiction / Feminist Geography / Labour Studies / Modern Indian History / Political Economy / Public Policy Studies / Urban Studies / Archaeology / Anthropology / Ancient Indian History / Ancient History. Applicants should have a valid national-level qualifying exam such as GATE, UGC (JRF/LS). The candidates who have not yet qualified (including those who are awaiting results) for any of the above-mentioned national eligibility tests will not be shortlisted. Apart from applying online, an applicant must send a statement of proposed research (minimum 1500 words) to the following email address: [email protected], mentioning the broad subject area (History, Literature, Economics, etc.) as the subject of the email, failing which the application will not be considered for shortlisting. This email address is meant ONLY for sending the statement of the proposed research for Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Eligible candidates should apply online using the “Online Application Facility” by visiting the website at http://www.iisermohali.ac.in.
- Apart from applying online, an applicant SHOULD send a statement of proposed research (minimum 1500 words) to the following email address: [email protected] mentioning the broad subject area (History, Literature, Geography, etc.) as the subject of the email, failing which the application may not be considered for shortlisting.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited for a screening-test/interview at IISER Mohali.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website