IISER Kolkata PhD Programme For the Spring Semester 2020
IISER Kolkata PhD Admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata invites applications from motivated students for admission to Doctoral Philosophy (PhD) Program for the Spring 2020
Interested candidates can check all the details of PhD Admission 2020 like application form, eligibility criteria, counseling procedure etc from this page given below.
See: PHD Admission
Doctor of Philosophy Program
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata offers admission to the Doctoral Philosophy (PhD) Program for the Spring Semester 2020.
- The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program at IISER Kolkata is an introduction to cutting-edge research. In both theoretical as well as experimental subjects IISER Kolkata strives to provide world-class training.
- Individual Department selects deserving candidates from the pool of applicants based on their academic backgrounds, research interests and their performance in the selection test (often an interview).
- The selected candidates can do PhD in any of the following disciplines – Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics and Physical Sciences
- PhD Application Portal Opens: 09th September 2019
- Application Portal Closes: 13th October 2019
- Publication of Shortlist for Interview: 22nd October 2019
- Tentative Interview Dates: 15th to 30th November 2019
- Publication of PhD Interview Results: 05th December 2019
- Pre-registration Portal Opens: 05th December 2019
- Pre-registration Deadline: 19th December 2019
- PhD Registration: 01st January 2020
For Biological Sciences
- Applications are invited from motivated candidates having M.Sc. / MS/ME/M. Tech/MVSc/M.Sc. (Ag.) degree (with minimum 55% marks) in:
- Any branch of biological sciences to pursue research in the broad fields of cellular and molecular biology, cancer biology, developmental biology, structural biology, plant molecular biology, behavioral biology and ecology, marine biology, neurobiology, biodiversity, microbiology, biophysics, bioinformatics, biotechnology and theoretical biology.
- Candidates from agricultural science and nutritional science backgrounds are also welcome to apply.
For Chemical Sciences
- Bright and motivated candidates who have passed M.Sc. exam with minimum 55% marks in any field of Chemistry or Physics.
- For these fellowships’ candidates must have qualified in any prestigious national level examinations like GATE or NET-LS (apart from satisfying minimal eligibility criteria)
For Earth Sciences
- The Dept. of Earth Sciences (DES), IISER Kolkata is looking for bright and motivated students, who have completed their M.Sc./MS/M.Sc. Tech /M. Tech (with minimum of 55% marks) in:
- Geology/Applied Geology/Geophysics/Earth Sciences/Marine geology/ any other branch of Geological sciences (or);
- Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biological Sciences/Environmental Sciences/Computational Seismology/ Remote sensing and GIS /Engineering Interested to pursue research with the DES faculty member in the matching specialization.
- Candidates having valid CSIR NET JRF/UGC-NET JRF/DST-INSPIRE/other equivalent fellowship would be eligible to apply.
For Mathematics & Statistics
- Candidates who completed M.Sc./MS (with a minimum of 55% marks) in any field of Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, Biophysics, Computer Science and Engineering to pursue research in the broad field of Neuroscience.
- Candidates having their own PhD fellowship (UGC/CSIR-NET JRF, NBHM, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship) are encouraged to apply.
For Physical Sciences
- Candidates having Masters Degree with at least 55% aggregate marks in any field of Physical Sciences for the PhD program; final year post-graduate students who are yet to obtain their degree may also apply; however, they must complete the M.Sc. /MS degree at the time of admission with the requisite 55% aggregate marks.
- Reservations for candidates will be as per Govt.of India norms.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- List of shortlisted candidates (based on merit, subject specialization and required research area) for interview will be published at the IISER-Kolkata website https://apply.iiserkol.ac.in
- The Institute will not provide any TA/DA or accommodation for attending the interview; the selected candidates will receive the offer letter containing also the last date for joining shortly after the interview.
- Candidates can apply online https://apply.iiserkol.ac.in
- Please have your picture (soft copy, preferably in JPG or PNG format) ready. Please read the department wise eligibility criteria carefully.
- The applicants should open the link (https://apply.iiserkol.ac.in/application) and properly fill the application form as instructed. The form can be opened and edited/corrected until the last date
- You must complete your application incomplete application will be rejected.
- Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take the printout after you finish and bring the signed copy at the time of interview if you are shortlisted.
- Selected candidates for test/interview should bring a hard copy of application along with the required documents listed below at the time of test/interview:
- Attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of all examinations starting from high school leaving certificate, two letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes), photo identity and proof of age.
- For any query related to DPS kindly, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indian Institute of Science Education And Research Kolkata (An Autonomous Institution, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India), Mohanpur, Nadia – 741246, West Bengal, India, Email email@example.com, Website www.iiserkol.ac.in