Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Berhampur announces Admission to PhD Program 2024 January Session
IISER Berhampur PhD Admission 2024 – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Berhampur invites applications from highly motivated students for admission to the PhD Program in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences from the citizens of India for the academic session commencing from January 2024
IISER Berhampur PhD Admission 2024
PhD Program Offered
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Online Application Start Date: October 05, 2023
- Last Date for receipt of Applications : October 27, 2023 (last date)
- Results of Initial Screening: First Week of November 2023 (tentatively)
- Test/Interview: Third or Fourth week of November 2023 (tentatively)
- M.S/ M.Sc./M.Tech/M.Pharm/MBBS or equivalent in any discipline of Science/ Medicine/ Pharmacy /Engineering/ Technology with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale. (Overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject).
- Additionally, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/GATE/ UGC-JRF/ CSIR-JRF/ JEST/JGEEBILS/ICMR/INSPIRE-PhD/NET-LS/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or any other recognized score is mandatory.
- Students whose results for CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship or INSPIRE-PhD or any other equivalent fellowship are awaited may also apply with their roll number(s) mentioned in the application.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories.
- Applicant’s age should not exceed more than 28 years at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3 years will be given for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/Female applicants.
- Interested candidates can apply online only through the official website https://www.iiserbpr.in/
Step to follow
- Fill up the registration form.
- You will be sent a confirmation email for validation.
- Enter your email and password in the login form.
- On validation, you will be redirected to an online application form.
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- The date of the interview will be communicated to shortlisted candidates by e-mail and the same will be available on the Institute website. TA will be paid to SC/ST candidates appearing for the interview as per the Govt. of India norms.
- All selected candidates will be eligible for either Institute fellowship of Rs. 37,000/- per month or fellowship
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website