IIM Sambalpur PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
IIM Sambalpur Phd Admission 2019 – IIM Sambalpur invites applications from eligible candidates for PhD Program in various disciplines for academic year 2019.
Area of Specialization:
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- Finance & Accounting Management
- Production and Operation Management
- Policy & Strategic Management
- Information System Management
- Marketing Management
Eligibility Criteria for IIM Sambalpur Phd Admission 2019
The candidate must hold, subject to the condition laid down below, As per MHRD guidelines:
- Master’s Degree (i.e. Bachelor’s Degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a Master’s Degree) or Post Graduate Diploma (2 years) in any discipline or Integrated (Dual) Degree from IITs/IIMs/Other reputed Universities, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point average in the Bachelor’s as well as 60% in the Master’s Degree. OR
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS with B. Com Degree, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point average in the Professional degree as well as in the B. Com Degree. OR
- A 4-year/8-semester Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc Engineering/B. Arch) with at least 6.5 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) or equivalent percent marks.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) and Persons-with-Disabilities will be given a 5% relaxation in the minimum marks requirement.
- The Master’s degree or equivalent qualification/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification should be:
- from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or
- recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India or
- Possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE. The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing Higher Secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their Master’s/Bachelor’s Programmes that would make them eligible, can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they complete all the requirements on or before 30th June, 2019
IIM Sambalpur follows the Government of India’s Reservation Policy.
IIM Sambalpur Phd Admission 2019 Selection Procedure
- Candidates applying for PhD programme are required to take Common Admission Test (CAT) or a standard test in lieu of CAT.
- CAT 2016, 2017 & 2018 is valid for 2019 PhD Admission at IIM Sambalpur. Alternatively, those who have GRE/GATE/GMAT/JRF (UGC/CSIR) taken during the last two years will be considered valid for 2019 Admission.
- Standard Test Score is not required if an applicant is PGP Alumni of any IIM, PGPX/PGP- PMP/Integrated Programme in Management (all regular courses) where such courses are offered. (Part-time/evening/week-end/Distance Learning programmes of IIM are NOT considered).
- Selection will be based on Test Score, Personal Interview, Academic Qualifications, and Relevant work experience, Research Aptitude, Publications and Reference Letter.
PhD will be a full-time residential programme. The student will be expected to complete the programme in four years, including a maximum of two years of course work. There may be some waivers for eligible candidate subject to the discretion of Competent Authority.
Under special circumstances, extension may be granted to the student. In any case, the entire program should be finished within six years.
IIM Sambalpur Phd Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Application Deadline: 22nd April 2019
- Personal Interview: 16-18th May 2019
- Result Declaration: 31st May 2019
- Last date of offer acceptance with commitment fee: 15th June 2019
- Registration & Class: July 2019
- IIM Sambalpur provides a comprehensive fellowship that covers all academic expenses including tuition, computer, library, medical insurance, placement, and alumni fees. In addition, a monthly subsistence allowance of Rs. 35,000/- (Slab A) for first and second years, and Rs.
- 40,000/- (Slab B) after submitting the TAC approved thesis proposal will be provided till 4 years. A maximum of two six-month extensions may be provided subject to the recommendation of Competent Authority.
- A Contingency Allowance of Rs. 50,000 per year (for five years) to cover research expenses, expenses on books, photocopying etc. are also available to all students. Students are entitled to get up to an amount of Rs.1, 75,000/- (upper limit) for attending international/national conference/workshop /summer school during their entire tenure with FPM system (maximum 5 years and subject to Area recommendation).
- Since the FPM is a full-time residential programme, bachelor accommodation will be provided to all the students in hostel. A fixed number of houses for married students may be made available on campus.
IIM Sambalpur Phd Admission 2019 Application Process
Candidates seeking admission to the PhD Programme are required to download the Prescribed Application Form. The completed application form together with all the relevant documents (self-attested) should reach the PhD Admission Office, Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur, Jyoti Vihar, Burla, Sambalpur – 768019, Odisha on or before 22nd April 2019. Envelop should be superscribed as “Application for PhD 2019” through Speed Post and by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A fee of Rs. 500/- is payable for the application process. You are required to transfer the application fee in IIM Sambalpur Account through NEFT. The required details are as follows:
Beneficiary Name: Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur
Beneficiary A/c No: 918010104294364
A/c Type: Saving Bank account
IFSC Code: UTIB0000306
Beneficiary Bank: Axis Bank Limited
Bank Address: Sambalpur Branch, Ainthapali Road, Above Blackberry Showroom, Sambalpur, Odisha – 768004, Odisha
For more details visit: www.iimsambalpur.ac.in
Name: Esrafil Ali. PhD Office IIM Sambalpur. Phone: +91 07064410818
Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur, Jyoti Vihar, Burla, Sambalpur – 768019, Odisha