IIM Ranchi Phd Admission 2019, Eligibility, Application, Dates
IIM Ranchi PhD Admission 2019 – Applications are invited from the interested candidates for admission into PhD programme for the year 2019.
programme of IIM Ranchi has the objective of developing outstanding scholars
for teaching or research careers at business schools/universities or management
research institutions or careers in Government, industry, NGOs or for that
matter any organization that requires advanced analytical and research
capabilities. To accomplish this, the Ph.D. will seek to admit students who
have a strong academic background, are highly motivated and who have the
intellectual curiosity to undertake original research and provide them with
knowledge and research skills that can make them specialized researchers with
sufficient depth of knowledge in the various existing and emerging management
Areas of Specialization:
- Accounting & Finance
- General Management (includes Business Communication, Business
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
Eligibility for IIM Ranchi PhD
- A candidate for the programme must have one of the following
qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of
the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions
established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university
under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification
recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or an equivalent
qualification from an institution approved by AICTE, or any equivalent qualification
from recognized foreign universities or institutions.
- Master’s degree or Post Graduate Diploma or its equivalent in any
discipline with first class OR
- B.Tech/ 4 Years Degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent OR
- Any professional qualification such as CA/ ICWA/ CS with a B.Com/
Degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
- In addition, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 55%
marks (or equivalent) in all their public examinations starting with the
secondary level. Work experience in industry or academics, though not
mandatory, will be given due credit in the selection process.
- Those who are appearing for their final year examination in the
current academic year may also apply. However, their admission to the programme
will be provisional subject to their successful completion of all requirements
for obtaining the relevant degree before 30th June 2019.
must not be more than 55 years of age as on 30th June, 2019.
IIM Ranchi PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates who fulfill the above eligibility criteria stated above are required to take Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs. Alternatively, those who have qualified in GATE, GRE, GMAT and NET-JRF (UGC/CSIR) examinations can also apply in the relevant area of specialization. Scores of any of these examinations including CAT taken during the last two years (i.e., on 1st July, 2017 or after) will be considered valid for the admission in Ph.D. Candidates who have already obtained a one/two year full-time classroom-based Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) or in any specialized area of management (e.g., PGD in HRM, Agri-Business Management etc.) from any of the IIMs with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent in last four years preceding 30th June, 2019 are exempted from this requirement, and can apply directly through the prescribed Application Form.
- The candidates shortlisted on the basis of their academic record and performance in the competitive examinations mentioned above will be called for a seminar and personal interview for final selection in April/May 2019 and the successful candidates will receive admission offer by the end of May 2019.
Financial and Other Supports
- IIM Ranchi has excellent facilities in library, computing and
- IIM Ranchi provides comprehensive financial and other support to
the Ph.D. students as indicated below:
- Financial Support for 4 years, extensible by an additional year if
approved by the committee.
- Tuition Waiver for the entire program.
- Rent free accommodation for both bachelor and married single
students on campus. Married accommodation can be provided subject to
availability. In case any married student is desirous of availing the facility
of 02 bed room accommodation, then 50% of the rent will be borne by the
concerned student. All other additional charges like electricity, water,
maintenance etc. will be borne by the concerned student. If single room studio
apartment is available it will be given at no cost.
- Stipend of Rs 30000 per month for the first two years.
- After qualifying the Comprehensive examinations at the end of the
second year, the monthly stipend will be raised to Rs.35000 per month for the
- Contingency allowance of Rs.100000/- spread over 4 years for the
purchase of books, stationary, printer, pen drives, computer tablet,
internal/external hard disks, security software, operating software, field
- Rs.50000/- in the first year/ second year for the purchase of
computer and software and other peripherals.
- Financial Support in presenting papers in 4 Domestic and 1
International Conference, conference grant in first four years.
- The Ph.D. participants have to pay for all consumables which
include stationery, utility charges in hostels, boarding charges etc.
IIM Ranchi PhD Admission 2019
Last date for
receiving the completed applications form is 22nd March 2019
IIM Ranchi PhD Admission 2019
- Using one application, an applicant can apply for one area of
specialization. The application fee for SC/ST/PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (PWD as
per the govt. act) applicants is Rs. 500/-. For others, the application fee is
- Mode of Applications: Only Online applications will be accepted.
Doctoral Programme Office
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi
Suchana Bhawan, Audrey House Campus Meur’s Road, Ranchi – 834008, JHARKHAND
Phone: +91 651 2280113/Extn-163 Fax: +91 651 2280940