Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Trichy announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
IIIT Trichy PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Information Technology, Tiruchirappalli (IIITT) invites applications from interested candidates for admission to Full-Time/Part-Time PhD Program for the academic session 2023 (July Session)
IIIT Trichy PhD Admission 2023
Computer Sci. & Eng.: Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Image & Video Processing, IoT, Blockchain, Information Security, Cyber Security
Electronics and Communication Eng,: VLSI Design, ASIC & FPGA system design, Wireless Communication, RF & Microwave, Optical Communication, Micro & Nano Electronics, Compact Modeling & Simulation
Mechanical Eng.: Additive Manufacturing, Powder Metallurgy, Smart Materials, Energy storage materials
Physics: Optoelectronic Materials & Devices, Fiber optics, Plasmonics, Semiconductor heterostructures, Graphene based biosensors
Mathematics: Fluid Dynamics
Economics: Health Economics, Development Economics, Health Technology Assessment and Global issues in health
English: Applied Linguistics, English Language Teaching
- Start date of Online Application: 17 May 2023
- Last Date of filling up Online Application: 17 June 2023 (5 PM)
- Scrutiny of the applications: 22 June 2023
- To publish the shortlisted candidates list for screening test: 23 June 2023
- Certificate verification and Written test: 13 July 2023
- Interview: 13 July 2023 & 14 July 2023
- Provisionally selected candidates list: 17 July 2023
- Last date for fee payment: 21 July 2023
- Course registration: 28 July 2023
- Commencement of course work: 31 July 2023
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Trichy PhD Admission 2023
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or a Master’s degree by Research (M.S. by Research) in Engineering/ Technology disciplines with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 6.5/10 in UG or PG for admission under OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0/10 for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with valid GATE Score with a minimum of 90% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 9.5/10 in UG for admission under OC/OBC category and 85% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 9.0/10 in UG for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with 15 years of proven experience in reputed industries are eligible.
- Candidates with First class Bachelor or First class Master degree in Sciences/Humanities in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in UG or in PG for OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 in UG / PG for SC/ST candidates.
- A valid UGC/CSIR/NET/GATE score is mandatory for full-time candidates to avail fellowship.
- Candidates applying for Ph.D. Programs can apply through the online portal available at www.iiitt.ac.in
- A non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH) has to be paid through SBI Collect and the reference number has to be mentioned in the online form.
- If you are applying for more than one department / mode, submit a separate application for each department /mode.
- Note: The candidates are advised to check the IIITT website frequently for regular updates. The shortlisted candidates will be announced only on IIITT website. No other communications will be sent regarding the Ph.D admission process.
- For General candidates : Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST/PH candidates : Rs.500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through SBI Collect and the reference number has to be mentioned in the online form.
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional criteria set by the Institute from time to time will be called for an interview and/or test by the selection committees of the respective departments.
- The written test will be conducted tentatively on 13 July 2023 (11.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon) based on the GATE/NET syllabus 2023.
- Written test comprises 50 multiple choice questions for 50 marks.
- The question paper pattern comprises 20 marks from general skills (English and Mathematics) and 30 marks from Technical skills (Respective discipline).
- The candidates shortlisted based on the written test performance need to appear for a personal interview by the Departmental Research Committee comprising HOD and all eligible guides.
- During the interview, the candidates shall present their research area/concept.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website