Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Trichy PhD Admission 2022 – Important Dates, Eligibility, Fees, Application and Selection Process
IIIT Trichy PhD Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Information Technology, Tiruchirappalli (IIITT) invites applications from interested candidates for admission to Full-Time/Part-Time PhD Program for the academic session 2022 (July Session)
Indian Institute of Information Technology Trichy PhD Admission 2022
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Tiruchirappalli (IIITT) offers Ph.D programs in the following Departments.
- Ph.D Departments in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Science and Humanities, Physics, Mathematics, Economics & English
- Last Date of filling up Online Application : 31st May 2022
- Scrutiny of the applications : 14th June 2022
- To publish the shortlisted candidates list for screening test : 15th June 2022
- Certificate verification and Written test : 06th July 2022
- Interview : 07th July 2022
- Provisionally selected candidates list : 08th July 2022
- Last date for fee payment : 22nd July 2022
- Course registration : 27th July 2022
- Commencement of course work : 01st August 2022
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Trichy PhD Admission 2022
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or a Master’s degree by Research (M.S. by Research) in Engineering/ Technology disciplines with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 6.5/10 in UG or PG for admission under OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0/10 for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with valid GATE Score with a minimum of 90% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 9.5/10 in UG for admission under OC/OBC category and 85% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 9.0/10 in UG for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with 15 years of proven experience in reputed industries are eligible.
- Candidates with First class Bachelor or First class Master degree in Sciences/Humanities in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in UG or in PG for OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 in UG / PG for SC/ST candidates.
- A valid UGC/CSIR/NET/GATE score is mandatory for full-time candidates to avail fellowship.
- Candidates applying for Ph.D. Programs can apply through the online portal available at www.iiitt.ac.in.
- A non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH) has to be paid through SBI Collect and the reference number has to be mentioned in the online form.
- If you are applying for more than one department / mode, submit a separate application for each department /mode.
- Note: The candidates are advised to check the IIITT website frequently for regular updates. The shortlisted candidates will be announced only on IIITT website. No other communications will be sent regarding the Ph.D admission process.
- For General candidates : Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST/PH candidates : Rs.500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through SBI Collect and the reference number has to be mentioned in the online form.
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional criteria set by the Institute from time to time will be called for an interview and/or test by the selection committees of the respective departments.
- The written test will be conducted tentatively on 06 July 2022 (11.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon) based on the GATE/NET syllabus 2022.
- Written test comprises 50 multiple choice questions for 50 marks.
- The question paper pattern comprises 20 marks from general skills (English and Mathematics) and 30 marks from Technical skills (Respective discipline).
- The candidates shortlisted based on the written test performance need to appear for a personal interview by the Departmental Research Committee comprising HOD and all eligible guides.
- During the interview, the candidates shall present their research area/concept.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website