Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) Shibpur announces PhD Program Admission 2023 (December Cycle), Apply now
IIEST Shibpur PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) Shibpur invites application for admission to the PhD Program in all disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture, Town & Regional Planning, Humanities & Social Sciences for the academic session 2023-24 (December Cycle). Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (IIEST, Shibpur) is an INSTITUTE OF NATIONAL IMPORTANCE. The Institute has fifteen departments of Engineering, Architecture, Science, and Humanities & Social Science disciplines. In addition, it has five Schools and two Centres dedicated for imparting education and conducting research in interdisciplinary fields. Candidates can check the post below for more details on IIEST Shibpur PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Details
- All the academic units (Departments/Schools and Centres) offer PhD Program and the admission is made through a common admission test followed by a technical interview at the concerned units. Admission to the PhD Program offered by different departments/schools and centers are done twice in a year.
- PhD Program is offered through the Dept.: Aerospace & Applied Mechanics; Architecture; Chemistry; Civil Engineering; Computer Science & Technology; Electrical Engineering; Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering; Human Resource Management; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Mathematics; Mechanical Engineering; Metallurgy & Materials Engineering; Mining Engineering; Physics
- Schools/Centres Offering PhD Programs: Community Science & Technology; Mgt. Sciences; Material Science; Mechatronics and Robotics; Purabi Das School of Information Technology; Safety and Occupational Hazards; VLSI; Centre for Green Energy and Sensor Systems; Centre for Healthcare Science and Technology
- Regular Candidates with Institute fellowship
- Candidates with Individual Fellowship (CSIR–NET JRF/ UGC–NET JRF/ ICMR/ DST INSPIRE etc)
- Candidates from Sponsored Research Project
- Sponsored Candidates
- Online application starts: Institute website publication date
- Last date of submission of online application is 07th November 2023 (11:59 PM)
- Date(s) of online Interview/ counseling: To be notified in the institute’s website
- The Ph.D. program shall be open to candidates of any Nationality and candidates with the following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Program of the Institute:
- Candidates possessing M.Tech/ M.E./ M.Sc.(Engg.)/ M.Arch./ M.U.R.P./ M.Plan./ M.T.R.P./ M.Sc./ M.A./ M.Phil. or an equivalent postgraduate degree in the relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a ten-point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
- To be eligible for Institute Fellowship, the candidates must have completed a Master’s program in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture with GATE fellowship or must have qualified GATE/ NET for Science/ Humanities/ Management discipline.
- Maximum age limit prescribed for the award of Institute Fellowship Category is 30 years as on 31st December 2023
- Relaxation in upper age limit of 05 years is applicable for SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) and Female applicants (i.e. 35 years as on 31st December 2023)
- Applicants are required to apply online only at the official website www.iiests.ac.in
- Instructions to Fill the Online Application Form
- Step-I: Register with your Email ID and Login to online submission system at www.iiests.ac.in. Fill up the ONLINE application form with appropriate data. Please note that you have to upload your documents wherever it is required to validate your information along with your digital photograph and signature.
- Step-II: Make PAYMENT and SUBMIT Application. Payment of application fee has to be made through online payment gateway only.
- Step-III: Take a Print Out of your submitted application.
- For OC/OBC(NCL)/EWS Candidates – Rs. 1500/-
- For SC/ST/PwD Candidates – Rs. 1000/-
- Candidates have to appear for a Ph.D. written test (for screening) and interview.
- To be eligible for Institute Fellowship, the candidates must have a GATE score preceding their admission to the Master’s programme in Engineering/ Technology (No intermediate GATE score will be entertained) or a valid GATE/NET score for Science/Humanities discipline.
- Candidates possessing B.Tech./B.E/B.Sc.(Engg.)/B.Arch./B.Plan. or an equivalent Degree in the relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum of 80% aggregate marks or 8.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) and a valid GATE score are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments/schools/centres.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website