IIEST Shibpur announces PhD Program Admission for July 2019 session
IIEST Shibpur PhD Admission 2019 – Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) Shibpur has released a notification for admission to the PhD Programme in July 2019 cycle
Interested and eligible candidates can read the necessary information regarding IIEST Shibpur PhD Admission 2019 such as application form eligibility criteria, fee details, selection process etc. on this page.
See: PhD Admissions
PhD Program Details
- All the academic units (Departments/Schools and Centres) offer PhD Program and the admission is made through a common admission test followed by technical interview at the concerned units
- Admission to the PhD Programme offered by different departments/schools and centres are done twice in a year
- Date of Commencement of Academic Session – July 2019
Important Dates for IIEST Shibpur PhD Admission 2019
- Publication of advertisement in the Newspapers: 03rd May 2019
- Online Application starts: 03rd May 2019
- Last date of submission of online application with payment of application fee: 02nd June 2019
- Download of Admit Card for Written test (for screening) Exam: One week after successful payment of submitted online application till 09th June 2019
- Written test (for screening) Exam, July cycle 2019: 26th June 2019 (11.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.)
- Publication of Written Test (for screening): To be notified in the Institute’s website
- Result in the Institute Website: To be notified in the Institute’s website
See: Latest Entrance Exams
PhD Program Disciplines
- Applications are invited for admission to the PhD Program (Regular, Individual Fellowship i.e. CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/INSPIRE etc., Sponsored Research Project & Sponsored Candidates categories of the Institute) in the July cycle of 2019-20 in all disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture, Town & Regional Planning, Humanities & Social Sciences
- PhD Program is offered through the Dept. of: Aerospace & Applied Mechanics; Architecture; Chemistry; Civil Engineering; Computer Science & Technology; Electrical Engineering; Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering; Human Resource Management; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Mathematics; Mechanical Engineering; Metallurgy & Materials Engineering; Mining Engineering; Physics
- The Schools/Centres offering PhD Programs are: Community Science & Technology; Mgt. Sciences; Material Science; Mechatronics and Robotics; Purabi Das School of Information Technology; Safety and Occupational Hazards; VLSI; Centre for Green Energy and Sensor Systems; Centre for Healthcare Science and Technology
See: Entrance Exam Dates
Eligibility Criteria for IIEST Shibpur PhD Admission 2019
- The PhD Program shall be open to candidates of any Nationality and candidates with the following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Program of the Institute:
Minimum qualifications for all Categories
- Candidates possessing M.Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc.(Engg.) / M.Arch. / M.U.R.P. / M.Plan. / M.T.R.P. / M.Sc. /M.A. / M.Phil. or an equivalent postgraduate degree in the relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a ten point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments
- For SC/ST/ Person with Disability (PwD) category, a minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on 10 point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) is required
Note: CGPA will not be converted into percentage marks and vice versa.
Regular Candidates with Institute fellowship:
- The maximum age is 28 years as on 1st July 2019. Relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ST/ Person with Disability (PwD) /Female candidates. These candidates have to appear for a Ph.D. written test (for screening) and interview
- To be eligible for Institute Fellowship, the candidates must have a GATE score preceding their admission to the Master’s programme in Engineering/ Technology (No intermediate GATE score will be entertained) or a valid GATE/NET score for Science/Humanities discipline.
- Candidates possessing B.Tech./B.E/B.Sc.(Engg.)/B.Arch./B.Plan. or an equivalent Degree in the relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum of 80% aggregate marks or 8.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) and a valid GATE score are eligible to apply
Candidates with Individual Fellowship (CSIR–NET JRF/UGC-NET JRF/ICMR/DST INSPIRE/QIP etc.):
- Candidates who are qualified for the Individual Fellowship category (i.e. CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DST/QIP etc.) and who fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria as prescribed in the are eligible to apply
- Candidates admitted under this category will not be entitled to the award of institute fellowship. The maximum age will be considered as per prevailing norms of the respective funding agency.
- Maximum age limit prescribed for the award of Institute Fellowship Category is 28 years as on 1st July 2019. Relaxation in upper age limit of 05 years is applicable for SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) and Female applicants (i.e. 33 years as on 1st July 2019)
- For other categories of admission to PhD Program, the age limit shall be as per guidelines of funding agency.
- A Common admission test for all candidates; 1½ hr MCQ type with two and a half marks for each correct answer and minus half marks for each wrong answer
- Question will be based on Secondary + Level Arithmetic, Logical reasoning and English
IIEST Shibpur PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applicants seeking admission under this scheme are required to apply online by downloading the application form and submitting the duly filled-up admission form (with the details of the draft) and the scanned copy of the M. Tech/M.Sc., DOB, GATE/NET and category (SC/ST etc.) certificates, if applicable, (all in PDF form) to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates may download application form from the institute website www.iiests.ac.in
- Application fee is Rs. 1500/- for OC/OBC(NCL)/EWS and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates. The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before applying online.
- Note: An applicant may make separate applications (with separate draft for each application) to more than one unit if he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria for that unit
Fees and other details for the PhD Program
- Every Research Scholar shall be required to pay the following fees at the time of joining. All Fees may be revised as per the decisions of the Institute authority. The candidates will be notified about such revisions through the Institute website.
- Enrolment Fee (One time and non-refundable) Rs.3000/-
- Research scholar Activity Fee Rs.500/-
- Infrastructure Maintenance Fee Rs.2500/-
- Examination Fee (One time and non-refundable) Rs.1000/-
- Tuition Fee Rs.7500/-
- Institute Caution Money (One time and refundable) Rs.3000/-
- Total amount payable at the time of admission: Rs.17500/- for all candidates
- Please refer to our website for any changes/announcements www.iiests.ac.in