International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) Bangalore announces Admission to Integrated PhD & PhD Program 2023
ICTS Bangalore Integrated PhD and PhD Admission 2023 – International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (ICTS-TIFR) Bengaluru invites applications for Admission to Integrated PhD and PhD (Graduate Studies in Physical Sciences) program for the academic session 2023.
ICTS Bangalore Integrated PhD and PhD Admission 2023
ICTS Research Groups
- Astrophysical Relativity
- Fluid dynamics and turbulence
- Physical biology
- Statistical physics and condensed matter physics
- String theory and quantum gravity
- Application Deadline: 14 May 2023
- Deadline for recommendation letters: 21 May 2023
- For the PhD program: Master’s or Integrated Master’s degree in Physics of total duration not less than 5 years.
- For the Integrated PhD program: Bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree in Science, Engineering or Medicine of duration not less than 3 years.
- Students whose final examination results for their qualifying degree are not declared by the time of joining (but expected in the same year) will be admitted on a provisional basis, subject to the passing of the relevant degree examination.
- The admission will be regularised on the production of mark sheets/provisional/final degree certificate of the qualifying degree examination. If the candidate’s qualifying degree is a Bachelor’s, payment of fellowship will be withheld till the relevant degree certificate is submitted.
- If the candidate’s qualifying degree is a Master’s (and if the candidate already has a Bachelor’s), payment of fellowship will be at a lower scale (IPhD) until the Master’s degree certificate is submitted. In both cases, once the admission is regularised, arrears corresponding to the full amount of fellowship will be paid calculated from the date of joining.
Entrance Exam Criteria
- Candidates satisfying the following criteria can apply:
- JEST: Rank up to 72
- GATE: 90 percentile (Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Sciences)
- UGC-CSIR JRF: Rank up to 50
- Applications based on the JEST/GATE/UGC-CSIR tests is online now.
- Eligible candidates can apply to the ICTS Graduate Program in Physics by completing the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
- Candidates will need to upload the score card from the admissions test (JEST/ GATE/ UGC-CSIR/ this is not required for the TIFR test) electronic copies of your transcripts, CV, a statement of purpose, and contact details of two referees.
- Interviews are typically done in two different stages.
- The interviews based on TIFR-GS test are typically conducted in March-April, while the interviews based on other tests (JEST, GATE, UGC-CSIR, etc) are typically held in June-July.
- The top scorers in the entrance tests should apply for ICTS graduate program through the online application form, where they will be asked to submit additional information such as academic records, research experience, academic reference letters, etc.
- The precise cutoff scores for different entrance tests will be announced each year. Performance in the entrance test, along with the additional information requested in the online application form will be used to shortlist candidates for the interviews.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website