ICMR-National Institute of Virology, Pune announce Admission to PhD Program 2019-20
ICMR-NIV PhD Admission 2019-20 – Indian Council of Medical Research-National Institute of Virology (ICMR-NIV) Pune invites applications for admission to PhD Program for the year 2019-20.
PhD Admission 2019-20
- ICMR-National Institute of Virology invites applications for PhD Programme from the candidates who are bonafide Indian citizens and having consistently good academic record.
- Candidates should have a strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a PhD Degree. Students with a Postgraduate degree (as per UGC Minimum Standards and Procedures for the Award of M.Phil and PhD degree Regulations, 2009.
- Total vacancies to be filled are 14 (Fourteen). The vacancy subjects are viz – Biotechnology, Microbiology, Basic Medical Science, Biochemistry and Zoology
ICMR-NIV PhD Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- Last date of receipt of application at NIV: 06th December 2019
- Display of shortlisted candidates called for interview: 23rd December 2019
- Interview of the shortlisted Candidates at NIV: Will be displayed on website
- Declaration of Results: Will be displayed on website
Also See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Eligibility Criteria for ICMR-NIV PhD Admission 2019-20
- The candidate should have a Postgraduate degree in any branch of Life Sciences/ Biological Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Bioinformatics having at least 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA). Students belonging to reserved category of Maharashtra state only will be eligible for 5% Relaxation.
- The candidates should have a valid junior Research Fellowship from CSIR-UGC-NETSLET/GATE with a valid score, ICMR/DBT-INSPIRE WITH GATE/SLET with a valid score.
- Candidates who have qualified only GATE or only lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET), DBT Category II or ICMR Fellows selected under ICMR funded Research Project/Scheme are not eligible to apply.
- ICMR NIV does not take any responsibility to provide financial assistance.
- Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be as per the norms of the respective funding agencies. The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years, and for SRF valid age limit will be as prescribed by the respective funding agency.
- The age would be relaxed up to five years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PWD and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- Reservation and Relaxation will be as per the Savitribai Phule Pune University guidelines on its website.
ICMR-NIV PhD Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- All eligible Students interests in joining ICMR-NIV must submit the applications available at http://www.niv.co.in/ www.icmr.nic.in
- Candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their applications (mentioning the correspondence & permanent address with Pin Code) in the prescribed format.
- The Completed hard copy of the application form in all respects should reach to the Director, National Institute of Virology, S.No. 130/1, Sus Road, Pashan, Pune-411021 by speed post or by hand and please attach self attested photocopies of the birth certificate/proof of birth; fellowship award letter and mark lists (Bachelors and Postgraduate) along with the application form.
- DO not attach any original mark lists/certificates to the application.
- The SC/ST/DT-NT/OBC candidates should attach a self attested copy of the Caste Certificate/ Latest non-creamy layer certificate any validly certificate.
- However, all the original documents must be produced at the time of interview, failing which the said candidate will not be considered for the interview.
- Personal interview will be held at ICMR NIV, Pune. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on NIV/ ICMR website.
- Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay at Pune. No TA / DA will be provided for attending the personal interview and the selected candidates may need to stay for two or three days more for finalization of guide.
- Mere fulfilling of the minimum requirements stipulated in the advertisement would not automatically entitle a candidate for selection. The decision of the Institute shall be final and binding in this regard. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification.
For other details or enquiry please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Council of Medical Research, National Institute of Virology, 20-A, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Post Box No.11, Next to Marathi Church, Pune-411001, Telephone: 020-26006305/ 390 Fax No: 25871895, Email: email@example.com, Website http://www.niv.co.in/ www.icmr.nic.in