Gurugram University announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply Now
Gurugram University PhD Admission 2023 – Gurugram University invites applications for admission to PhD Program for the academic session 2023
Gurugram University PhD Admission 2023
- Opening date for submission of online application form: 02nd January 2023
- The last date for submission of online application form: 16th January 2023
- Tentative Schedule of Entrance Tests:
- Date : 12.00 PM to 1.00 PM
- Pharmaceutical Sciences : 02nd February 2023
- Public Administration : 02nd February 2023
- Commerce : 02nd February 2023
- Management : 03rd February 2023
- Psychology : 03rd February 2023
- Law : 03rd February 2023
- Tentative Schedule of Interview and Counseling:
- Pharmaceutical Sciences : 09th February 2023
- Public Administration : 09th February 2023
- Commerce : 09th February 2023
- Management : 10th February 2023
- Psychology : 10th February 2023
- Law : 10th February 2023
- Display of merit list : 13th February 2023
- Payment of fee with the University cashier/Bank : 17th February 2023
- Commencement of classes for Ph.D. Course Work : 20th February 2023
- Master’s Degree (1 year/2 semester Master’s Programme after 4 year/8 semesters bachelor’s degree programme or 2 year/4 semester Master’s Programme after 3 year/6 semesters bachelor’s degree programme) with 55% marks in the main subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto)/allied subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto) OR its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, calculations of marks as per CBCS pattern).
- A relaxation of 5% marks i.e. from 55% to 50% marks in the aforesaid Degrees is allowed for those candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC (Block A & B) non-creamy layer)/ Differently Abled of Haryana, Economically weaker section and other categories as per decision of commission from time to time.
- In case of a candidate possessing a Degree equivalent to Master’s Degree from a Foreign University, degree equivalence certificate issued by AIU is mandatory.
- The candidates are advised to read the Admission Guidelines for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Ph.D. Ordinance carefully before filling the Application Form.
- The Admission Guidelines can be downloaded from the University Website: https://gurugramuniversity.ac.in. The processing charges for the application form for admission are Rs. 1000/- for General Category and Rs. 250/- for Scheduled Caste, Backward Class of Haryana, differently abled persons and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) of Haryana.
- Change in Subject or category, once opted for the purpose of admission, will not be allowed.
- The candidates claiming the benefit of reservation shall submit a certificate to this effect from the competent authority. Refer to Appendices A to M for instructions and formats of certificates.
- The Candidate shall be personally responsible in case, he/she is not eligible to apply as per the given eligibility criteria.
- The department wise predetermined total number of seats as recommended by the Departmental Research Committee’s (DRC) of the respective department is given in Chapter 2.
- Admissions to the Ph.D. Programme will be made through an Entrance Test conducted by the University for each Discipline. The syllabus for the Entrance Test is as laid down by the concerned Teaching Departments.
- The entrance test will be of three hours duration and will be for 100 marks. The question paper will have two parts. Part-1 of the question paper shall be common for all the disciplines and Part-II of the question paper shall be discipline specific. Part-I will have 50 objective-type questions carrying 50 marks related to research methodology and PartII carrying 50 marks will require the students to answer Objectivetype/short answer questions in the subject concerned.
- There shall be no negative marking. A candidate must secure 50% marks to qualify the entrance test (47.50% for SC/ST/Differently abled candidates).
- The following categories of candidates are exempted from Ph.D. entrance test:
- UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET (with validity period)/Teacher Fellowship holder/awardee of fellowship by DST, ICMR, ICSSR or any other equivalent National level fellowship (with validity period)/GATE (with validity period)/GPAT(with validity period) is eligible.
For more details and apply please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023