Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University announces Admission to PhD 2023 through Entrance Test, Apply now
GGSIPU PhD Admission 2023 – Applications are invited by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Dwarka, Delhi from the interested candidates for admission to PhD Program offered in various subjects for the academic session 2023-24
Check out details of GGSIPU PhD Admission 2023, like the application form, eligibility criteria, fees, selection process, etc. from the page below.
GGSIPU PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
PhD programme is offered in following subjects:
- PhD Information Technology,
- PhD Computer Science & Engineering,
- PhD Computer Applications,
- PhD Electronics & Communication Engineering,
- PhD Mechanical & Automation Engineering,
- PhD Management,
- PhD Chemical Technology,
- PhD Biotechnology,
- PhD Environmental Science,
- PhD Medical Sciences,
- PhD Mathematics,
- PhD Chemistry,
- PhD Physics,
- PhD English,
- PhD Economics,
- PhD Sociology,
- PhD Law & Legal Studies,
- PhD Mass Communication,
- PhD Architecture & Planning
- Start date for receipt of application: 15 March 2023
- Last date for receipt of application: 30 April 2023
- Last date for submission of documents by candidates requesting exemption from PET at the office of Dean/Directors of respective University Schools of Study/Centre of Excellence through offline mode: 15 May 2023
- List of Exempted Candidate from PET to be uploaded by respective University Schools of Study/Centre of Excellence on the University website: 30 May 2023
- Date of Entrance Test: Between 01-30 June 2023
- Interview Schedule: To be notified
- Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. programme should have completed a 1-year/2- semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2- year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time. Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed.
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- For details regarding school specific eligibility criteria, candidates may refer to school wise details in brochure
- The candidates must read all the important instructions before filling up the Application Form.
- A detailed procedure for filling up the application form is available on University website http://www.ipu.ac.in under the link “Procedure to fill online application forms.”
- The candidate should enter his or her relevant details and upload a recent clear photograph of size as mentioned with his or her scanned signature and left thumb impression.
- Relevant courses for PhD Entrance Test should be chosen and payment of requisite application fee as notified by the Examination branch must be made online.
- The application fee shall be notified by the Examination Branch.
- Last time the Application fee was Rs. 1200/-.
- Admission to the PhD program in various University Schools of Study and Centres of Excellence in the University shall be through a PhD Entrance Test (PET) conducted by the University or any designated agency by the University in the relevant disciplines of study.
- Those students, who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)**/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)**/GATE*/DBT-JRF/ICMR-JRF/Teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. Program, shall be exempted from the entrance test conducted by the University for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- The test will be conducted in CBT (Computer Based Testing) mode.
- It is an online mode of examination that will be conducted at designated centres only.
- The PET shall be of 2 hours duration with 100 number of MCQ-type questions.
- Each question shall carry 4 marks and there shall be no negative marking.
- The language of the PET shall be English.
- The applicants are advised that since the form filling as well as admit cards shall be made available through the online mode only they must keep the details of their login id and the password secure and safe.
- The Admit Card will be available online or through e-mail, on or before 3 days of the date of the PET.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website