Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) Pune announces Admission to PhD Program for July 2023 Session, Apply now
DIAT Pune PhD Admission 2023 – The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Pune has released a notification for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programs (Under Institutional Scholarship Category) for the academic session July 2023.
DIAT Pune PhD Admission 2023
- DIAT offers admission to Ph.D. (full-time) in the frontier areas of Aerospace Engineering; Computer Science & Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Applied Physics; Electronics Engineering; Applied Mathematics; Materials engineering; Applied Chemistry
- Last Date of receipt of Hard copy of application: 20th May 2023
- Tentative Date of Written Test / Interview: 2nd/ 3rd week of June 2023
- Tentative date of commencement of the programme: 1st / 2nd week of July 2023
Eligibility Criteria for DIAT PhD Admission 2023
- A candidate, seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, shall be required to have passed the qualifying exam securing at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA/DGPA. A relaxation of 5 % of marks may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer) / PWD – (Divyang) categories. The qualifying degrees are:
- a) Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Engineering/Science.
- b) Master in Science (M.Sc. or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Science
- Qualified in a national level test such as, CSIR/UGC NET, Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE), Rajiv Gandhi National fellowship, NBHM etc. subject wise and category wise GATE/NET cut off will be decided by DIAT
- Not above 30 years.
- Relaxations as per Govt. of India rules apply to SC / ST / OBC / PH applicants.
- Application form is available at Institute’s website http://www.diat.ac.in
- A print out of the application has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope, superscribed ‘Application for Admission to PhD Program in the Department of ______” to the Joint Registrar (Academics), DIT, Pune-411025 along with online generated receipt/Demand Draft and self-certified copies of mark lists, certificates, and other testimonials.
- GEN, OBC & EWS category – Rs.500/-
- For women & Reserved Category (SC/ST/PWD) – Rs.250/-
- Admission to Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the entrance exam (written test) conducted by the department concerned followed by a personal interview.
- In addition to the Ph.D. scholarship, such candidates would also be entitled for contingency grant (presently Rs.15000/- per year) in accordance with the decisions of the Institute
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website