DAV University Jalandhar announces Entrance Test for Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
DAV University PhD Admission 2023 – DAV University, Jalandhar invites application for the entrance test for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session 2023-24 (July Intake)
DAV University PhD Admission 2023
- Botany & EVS
- Commerce, Business Management :
- Computer Science & Applications
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Vedic studies
- Last date of filing of application form: July 01, 2023
- Ph.D Entrance Test: July 25, 2023
- Time: 11:00 AM
- Examination Centre: DAV University
- Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed)
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed and successfully completed M.Phil. Degree from DAV University or its affiliated institutions shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the PhD Degree.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Government/Commission from time to time.
- The candidates interested in the above courses are requested to fill the entrance test registration form available on university website (https://www.davuniversity.org/).
- Download and submit the filled application form along with self-attested copies of mark sheet (Matric onwards), Passport size photographs and a demand draft of Rs 1000/- (one thousand) in favour of Registrar, DAV University, Payable at Jalandhar or you can directly pay DAV University Fee Collection Account, A/c no. 33004567006, State Bank of India, DAV University, Sarmastpur, Jalandhar, IFSC: SBIN0002395 and attached transaction slip along with the form.
- Submit the application form latest by July 01, 2023 to:
- The Registrar, DAV University, Village Sarmastpur, Jalandhar Pathankot National Highway (NH-44), Jalandhar 144012, Punjab
- Admission to the PhD Program will be based on Entrance Test conducted by the university followed by Interview
- The candidates who have qualified/received UGC NET/JRF / UGC-CSIR (JRF) examination/SLET/ GATE/INSPIRE/GPAT/ICAR-SRF (PGS)/ Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship awardees/Maulana Azad National Fellowship/JEST/teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. from DAV University, Jalandhar and foreign candidates sponsored by ICCR or any other department of Government of India will be exempted from Ph.D eligibility test but they need to apply online before the due date to be considered for interview.
PhD Entrance Test
- The candidates will be required to attempt 60 Multiple choice questions, each question carrying 1 mark. The entrance test will include 30 questions of research methodology and 30 questions of the subject. The syllabus of the entrance test of each department is uploaded.
- Eligible Candidates (qualified in the entrance test and exempted from entrance test) will be called for a personal interview. The candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Committee.
The interview shall consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the University
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
For more details and apply online visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023