Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS), Bengaluru announces admission to the PhD Program 2024 as Junior Research Fellows (JRF), Apply now
CeNS PhD Admission 2024 – Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS), an autonomous research institute under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has announced PhD Admission for 2024 as Junior Research Fellows (JRF). The PhD program at CeNS focuses on basic and applied aspects of advanced research in the field of nano and soft matter sciences. The students who enroll for the program at CeNS register with Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR)for their Ph.D. degree. Read on for more details on CeNS PhD Admission 2024 from the post given below.
CeNS PhD Admission 2024
PhD Program Offered
- Energy & Environment
- Soft materials/ Liquid crystals
- Last date of submitting online applications: 17-09-2023
- Interview/Test (to be held by the AcSIR Academic Centres): 03-10-2023 to 02-11-2023
- Progressive declaration of results: 08-10-2023
- Last date for declaration of results of selected applicants on the on-line admission portal: 10-11-2023
- Last date for confirming the admission seat by selected applicants by payment of tuition fees through the AcSIR on-line SBI portal: 20-11-2023
- M.Sc./M.Tech. from a recognized University / Institute, in Physics/Chemistry/Materials Science /Nano Science and allied subjects, with at least 60% aggregate marks for the general category and 55% for SC/ST candidates.
- The candidate should have qualified at least in one of the national level entrance tests, i.e., CSIR-UGC NET (JRF only) / GATE or JEST, or should be an INSPIRE fellow.
- Specialization in Condensed Matter Physics, Electronics, Materials Science, Organic/ Inorganic/ Physical/ General Chemistry at the Master’s degree level is desired.
- Students who have appeared for the final year examination and expect to obtain their results before 31 July 2024 may also apply.
- Only online applications will be accepted for the PhD Program.
- Click on the following web link to apply https://www.cens.res.in/en/ph-d-programme-application-form
- Short-listed applicants will be called for an interview at CeNS during the first week of June 2024.
- For any further queries, please send email to: [email protected]
- Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on their performance in the national entrance test(s) and academic performance. The final selection is based on the performance in the interview.
- Note: Interviews will be held in person only.
Fellowship and Hostel Facilities
- Students will be provided a fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- p.m. (first two years) – 35,000 (next three years).*
- Students can avail on-campus hostel facilities.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website