Calicut University notifies Entrance Examination / Direct Admission to PhD Program 2022
Calicut University PhD Admission 2022 – Calicut University has released the notification for Entrance Examination/Direct Admission to Full-time and Part-time PhD Program under the faculties of Science, Language & Literature, Humanities, Commerce & Management Studies, Education and Music for the Academic Year 2022
Calicut University PhD Admission 2022
- Commencement of Online Registration: 19th May 2022
- Last date of Online Registration: 02nd June 2022
- Date of Entrance Exam (Tentative): Will be announced later
- Masters degree or a Professional degree recognized as equivalent to a Masters degree of University of Calicut, with at least grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or at least 55% marks in aggregate in the mark system or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 10% of marks from 55% to 45%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed to candidates belonging to SC/ST category. A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed to those belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decisions of the University/State Govt. from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Candidates applying for PhD Admission 2022 shall visit the University admission website www.cuonline.ac.in and access the PhD 2022 registration page (http://phd.uoc.ac.in/)
- Complete the registration in the following two steps:
Step 1 – CAP ID Creation
- Candidates applying for PhD 2022 shall initially create a CAP ID by providing the basic details using the “New User (Create CAP ID)” link provided in the PhD 2022 registration page.
- After successful submission of the details, a CAP ID and Password will be sent to the registered mobile number instantly (Mobile number of students/ parents/ guardian only to be furnished).
- Step 2 – Registration Completion and Making Payment
- With the CAP ID and Password received in the registered mobile number, the candidate can login and fill the registration page by providing required data. Candidates shall take utmost care while selecting the reservation category during the filling up of registration data
- An application and entrance examination fee of Rs. 610/- for General Category and Rs.250/- for SC/ST Category will have to be paid by the candidates for completing the registration procedure.
- Research Departments/Entrance Conducting Authorities may conduct the entrance test.
- All candidates getting a minimum of 50% marks and, in the case of SC/ST categories of candidates a minimum of 40% marks and in the case of OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates a minimum of 45% marks, as the case may be, in the entrance test are qualified to apply for registration to PhD Program
- Admission of students who obtain the same marks in the entrance examination shall be decided first on the basis of the percentage of the PG marks/grades and then on the basis of age and then by name in alphabetical order unless otherwise specified.
Exemption From Entrance Test
- Candidates who qualify UGC-NET/JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF, SLET, GATE and research fellowships of Central and State Government departments/ agencies as approved by the University, as the case may be
- Full time regular teachers of the University departments/Govt. or Aided Colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut and teachers with FDP/QIP or similar fellowships.
- Foreign nationals who are otherwise eligible for admission.
- Full-time fellows, who have been selected on the basis of a written Test and interview, working in a research project under the investigation of a research guide of the University.
- M.Phil. Degree (successfully completed from any Statutory Recognized University in the relevant subject) holders.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website