University of Calcutta announces Research Eligibility Test (RET) for Admission to PhD (Sc) Program in Environment Science for Session 2023, Apply now
University of Calcutta PhD Admission 2023 in Environment Science – Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. (Sc) Program of the Department of Environmental Science, University of Calcutta for the Academic Year 2023-24 through Research Eligibility Test (RET). Candidates willing to pursue research work leading to PhD (Sc) degree in Environment Science should apply in the prescribed proforma. Check the post below for more details on University of Calcutta PhD Admission in Environment Science 2023
- Last Date of Submission of application (within 4 pm): 25.09.2023
- Publication of list of candidates eligible for written test (after 3pm): 26.09.2023
- Date of RET written examination (12 noon): 03.10.2023
- Publication of list of candidates qualified in written test & selected for interview (after 3 pm): 05.10.2023
- Date of interview for candidates declared successful in written exam and candidates applied with eligibility tests like NET/GATE/M.Phil. or equivalent exams (11 am): 09.10.2023
- A maximum of 14 (fourteen) Ph.D. students may be accommodated if found suitable
Eligibility criteria for admission to PhD in Environment Science is
- Candidates having M.Sc. degree in Environmental Science and allied subjects, from University of Calcutta or other Universities considered equivalent there to be eligible. They should have Chemistry as a combination subject at the bachelor’s level. Candidates will have to appear in a written Exam followed by an interview. Candidates who have cleared NET / GATE / SLET / equivalent examinations are exempted from the Written Examination and entitled directly to appear in the interview.
- Willing candidates should apply in the prescribed proforma along with Rs.100/- paid through a challan to cash counters of the University. Candidates willing to pursue research work leading to the PhD (Sc.) degree in Environmental Science, University of Calcutta, should apply in the prescribed format attached herewith and submit to the office of the Department of Environmental Science, (Room No-863, 7th Floor, 35 Ballygunge circular Road, Kolkata-700019, between 12 noon to 4 pm by 25.09.2023 (25th September, 2023)
- Final admission for the PhD program is subject to the rules and regulation of the University and the Government notification for reservation rules with notification no. 07-Edn (U)/IU-89/13 dated 2nd January, 2014.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023