University of Calcutta announces Admission to PhD Program in Statistics for Session 2023, Apply now
University of Calcutta PhD in Statistics Admission 2023 – University of Calcutta invites applications from interested candidates for admission into PhD Program in Statistics for the academic session 2023.
University of Calcutta PhD in Statistics Admission 2023
- Date of Advertisement: September 13, 2023
- Last date of submission of application form: October 5, 2023
- Date of Ph.D. Entrance test(offline): October 12, 2023
- Result of Ph.D. Entrance test: by November 3, 2023
- Date of Interview: November 9, 2023
- Date of publication of selection list: by November 30, 2023
- Candidates with M.Sc or equivalent degree in Statistics and allied subjects from any UGC recognized University/Institute with 55% marks in aggregate (SC / ST/OBC with 50% marks) are eligible to apply for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
- In case of candidates from other Universities, admission for the PhD Program will proceed after determination of equivalence by the relevant University body and fulfillment of the admission criteria.
- Foreign students will be required to produce clearance from the government of India and/or other appropriate authorities, if any, for admission to the PhD Program. Enrolment in the PhD Program may be allowed to only such foreign nationals who have obtained and are holding research visa.
- The non-creamy layer certificate would have to be submitted by OBC candidates.
- Reservation will be followed as per West Bengal Higher Educational Institutions (Reservations in admission) Rules 2013
- Application Forms may be downloaded from the University Website caluniv.ac.in
- The filled in application form together with self attested copies of academic documents and reservation certificates should be submitted at the departmental office between 12.00 noon and 03.00 pm on all working days on or before 16th January 2023, after payment of the prescribed application fee of Rs.100/-
- Please note that candidates who are eligible for waiver of the written test are also required to complete and submit the application form by the above deadline.
- The admission procedure consists of a written test followed by an interview for candidates successful in the same. Those who have cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF) examinations/ NET/SET (Mathematical Sciences)/ GATE (Mathematics) or hold DST INSPIRE Fellowship/Teachers’ Fellowship or have obtained M.Phil degree in Statistics and allied subjects or M.Tech (QR&OR) degree of ISI prior to the application deadline will be exempted from the written examination but will have to appear in the interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website