University of Calcutta PhD in Genetics Admission 2022 through Research Eligibility Test (RET), Apply now
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2022 – University of Calcutta (Kolkata) invites applications for admission to the PhD Program in the Department of the Genetics & Plant Breeding through Research Eligibility Test (RET) for the academic session 2022
Interested candidates can check details on Calcutta University PhD Admission 2022 from the page below and apply for the same till March 29, 2022.
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2022
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of application : 29th March 2022
- Ph.D. Entrance Test (RET) : 30th March 2022 at 1 p.m
- Interview will be held on : 30th March 2022 at 4 p.m.
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree in Genetics & Plant Breeding with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) are eligible to apply.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per UGC Ph.D. Regulations, 2016.
- Those who have qualified in NET/GATE/ or have obtained DST INSPIRE Fellowship would be exempted from the Ph.D. entrance test. They may directly submit a statement of purpose or research in brief and appear in the interview.
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates should apply to the Head, Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding, in the proforma mentioned (https://www.caluniv.ac.in/) by paying Rs. 100/- through a challan obtainable in the College Street cash counter and Law College Cash Counter of the University of Calcutta or through online (https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm)
- PhD Entrance Test (Research Eligibility Test) 30th March, 2022 at 1 p.m
- The entrance test will be of 50 marks.
- The question pattern will be of objective type or short answer type.
- The Duration of the entrance test will be one hour.
- (the qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50%)
- An interview will be held on 30th March, 2022 at 4 p.m. for entrance test qualified candidates as well as candidates having NET/GATE/or have obtained DST Fellowship. Successful candidates will be eligible to register for their PhD in Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website