University of Calcutta PhD in Genetics Admission 2023 through Research Eligibility Test (RET), Apply now
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2023 – University of Calcutta (Kolkata) invites applications for admission to the PhD Program in the Department of the Genetics & Plant Breeding through Research Eligibility Test (RET) for the academic session 2023
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2023
- Last date for submission of application : 07th February 2023
- Ph.D. Entrance Test (RET) : 08th February 2023 at 1 p.m
- Interview will be held on :08th February 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
- Candidates for admission to the PhD program shall have a Master’s degree in Genetics & Plant Breeding with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) are eligible to apply.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per UGC Ph.D. Regulations, 2016.
- Those who have qualified in NET/GATE/ or have obtained DST INSPIRE Fellowship would be exempted from the Ph.D. entrance test. They may directly submit a statement of purpose or research in brief and appear in the interview.
- Candidates should apply to the Head, Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding, in the proforma mentioned (https://www.caluniv.ac.in/) by paying Rs. 100/- through a challan obtainable in the College Street cash counter and Law College Cash Counter of the University of Calcutta or through online (https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm)
- PhD Entrance Test (Research Eligibility Test) 08th February 2023 at 1 p.m
- The entrance test will be of 50 marks.
- The question pattern will be of objective type or short answer type.
- The Duration of the entrance test will be one hour.
- (the qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50%)
- An interview will be held on 08th February 2023 at 4 p.m. for entrance test qualified candidates as well as candidates having NET/GATE/or have obtained DST Fellowship. Successful candidates will be eligible to register for their PhD in Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website