University of Calcutta announces Research Entrance Test (RET) 2022 for Admission to PhD Program in Electronic Science
University of Calcutta PhD in Electronic Science Admission 2022 – Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. (Science) Program in the Department of Electronic Science offered by University of Calcutta for the academic year 2022 through Research Entrance Test (RET)
University of Calcutta PhD in Electronic Science Admission 2022
- Last date for Submission of Application: 16th August 2022
- Date of publication of the list of candidates eligible for written test: 23rd August 2022
- Date of Admission Test (Written): 29th August 2022
- Date of publication of the list of successful candidates eligible for interview: 06th September 2022
- Date and time of Interview: 09th September 2022
- Candidates must have M. Sc. degree in Electronic Science / Physics with at least 55% marks in aggregate; or M.E. / M. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering or equivalent degree with 60% marks in aggregate. A relaxation of 5% marks may be allowed for the reserved categories candidates.
- The eligible candidates will have to appear at a written examination to be held in the Department of Electronic Science, the details of which are appended below. Successful candidates will have to appear for an interview. The final selection for enrolling the Ph.D. (Science) Program of this Department, along with the allocation of supervisor, will be made on the basis of this interview.
- Candidates who have already qualified UGC-CSIR(JRF)/NET/GATE/SLET/SET/M. Phil. M. Tech./M. E. or equivalent examinations or have INSPIRE/Teacher Fellowship, are exempted from appearing for the written test
- and may directly appear at the interview.
- At the time of interview, all the candidates must submit a one-page Research Proposal.
- Candidates willing to pursue the research work leading subsequently to Ph.D. (Science) degree in Electronic Science of the University of Calcutta should apply in the prescribed proforma.
- The duly filled in application form along with the receipt of deposition of application fee of INR100/- in cash to be deposited in any cash counter of the University of Calcutta by challan, endorsed by the Head of the Department or through online by click at https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm and the self-certified copy of relevant mark-sheets/certificates is to be submitted to the office of the Head of the Department of Electronic Science at University of Calcutta, Rashbehari Shiksha Prangan 92, A. P. C. Road, Kolkata – 700009 .
- Duration of Written Test: One hour;
- Full Marks for Written Test: 150;
- Question Pattern: Multiple Choice Questions (Qualifying Marks: 50% for UR candidates, 45% for OBC candidates and 35% for the SC/ST candidates).
- Syllabus: Topics covered in B.Sc. (Honours) and M.Sc. courses in Electronic Science with good emphasis on Electronics and Physics.
- Venue of Admission Test and Interview: Department of Electronic Science, Meghnad Saha Bhavan, 92, A. P. C. Road, Kolkata – 700 009.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2022
- Admission Notification and Dates 2022