Berhampur University announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
Berhampur University PhD Admission 2023 – Berhampur University, Berhampur, Odisha invites application form for Admission to PhD Program for academic session 2023-24 through entrance test.
Berhampur University PhD Admission 2023
No. of Ph.D. Seats
- Biotechnology – 16
- Botany – 06
- Business Administration – 05
- Chemistry – 04
- Commerce – 02
- Computer Science – 01
- Economics – 03
- Education – 04
- Electronic Science – 08
- English – 02
- Environmental Studies – 07
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management – 03
- Journalism and Mass Communication – 014
- Library and Information Science – 05
- LAW – 06
- Linguistics – 07
- Marine Biology – 04
- Mathematics – 06
- Oceanography – 10
- Odia – 02
- Physics – 05
- Political Science – 01
- Tourism and Travel Studies – 04
- Zoology – 05
- Total Seats – 130
- Date of Notification: 25.05.2023
- Last date of submission of hard copy of application form along with photo copies of relevant documents, and application processing fees through Speed/Registered post to the Deputy Controller of Examinations, Berhampur University.: 27.06.2023
- Sending the Admit Card through email/whatsapp by the Deputy Controller of Examinations, Berhampur University.: 05.07.2023
- Date and Time of URET Venue: Berhampur University, Bhanja Bihar: 23.07.2023 (12.00 Noon to 01.00 PM)
- Publication of list of candidates qualified in URET in the University Website as well as on the Notice Board of the Department and sending the call letter for Viva Voce Examination through email/whatsapp by the respective Head/Coordinator of the Department: 31.07.2023
- Dates of Interview / Viva-Voce Examination (Only those candidates qualified in the URET/exempted from URET will be called for the viva voce examination and verification of original documents) Venue: Respective Departments: 07.08.2023 and 08.08.2023
- Publication of results in the University Website. Sending of intimation letter to the selected First List and Waiting List candidates through email/whatsapp by the respective Head/Coordinator of the Department.: 11.08.2023
- Last date for receiving the Admission Fees and other documents in the respective Department: 21.08.2023
- Last date for finalization of Admission: 23.08.2023
- Commencement of Classes: 24.08.2023
- Minimum duration of 3 years including course works subject to minimum of 2 years from the date of registration and a maximum of five years subject to the conditions stipulated in the Regulations, the following persons are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. programme:
- Candidates for admission for a Ph.D. Program shall have a Master’s degree in the respective/allied subject (to be determined by the concerned Staff Council and approved by the Vice-Chancellor) or a professional degree declared equivalent to Master’s degree by a statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or CGPA of 6.0) or an equivalent degree.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for SC/ST/Divyanga and other reserved category candidates as per the decision of the Central/State Government from time to time.
- Candidates possessing a Degree, considered equivalent to M.Phil./M.Tech. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D program subject to qualifying URET.
- Foreign students will be required to produce clearance from the Government of India and /or other appropriate authorities, if any, for admission into the Ph.D. Program. Enrolment in the Ph. D. Program may be allowed to only such foreign nationals as have obtained and are holding valid research visa.
- The application form can be obtained from the University website (www.buodisha.edu.in).
- The applicants before applying to any of the above courses are advised to carefully go through the Prospectus.
- The candidate is required to send the print copy of the filled-up Application Form(available at the end of the prospectus), duly signed by him/her, along with self-attested photocopies of all the required documents and application cum processing fees to the Deputy Controller of Examinations, Berhampur University by Speed/Registered post ONLY.
- For SC/ST candidates – Rs. 800/-
- For others – Rs. 1000/-
- Admission shall be finalised strictly on the basis of conduct, the research aptitude, ability to work in a team, subject interest, availability of Supervisors, facilities in the department and the research focus of the department, and merit in the URET and shall be subject to the Rules and Regulations of the University.
- The admission of candidates shall be by a two-step process:
- Step – 1: Qualifying in: UGC (or CSIR) NET/GATE/ ICPR/ ICSSR/ICHR/Any other National Fellowship/ Scholarship for Ph. D or Teacher Fellowship holder (for Ph. D); OR The URET, which is an Admission/Entrance Test conducted by the Berhampur University, with a qualifying mark of 50% (The syllabus of the URET shall consist of 100 marks covering of research methodology and research and analytical aptitude (50%) and the concerned subject (50%),
- Step-2: An interview/viva-voce and verification of original documents to be conducted by the respective Departments/Centre where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area before a duly constituted Department Research Committee (DRC). Note: Candidates failing to appear at the Entrance Test and Viva Voce/ Interview, and not producing the Original Documents for verification at the time of Interview will not be considered for admission. Step-1 is just a qualifying requirement. The marks secured in this step are not used in the final computation of marks for preparing selection/merit list.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website