Bangalore University announces Admission to PhD Program 2023-24
Bangalore University PhD Admission 2023 – Bangalore University, Bangalore, invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in the faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce and Education offered in various subjects for the academic year 2023-24.
Bangalore University PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
- PhD in Kannada, Hindi, Telugu, Sanskrit, English, Urdu, Social Work, Women Studies, Journalism & Mass Communication, History, Economics, Political Science, Performing Arts, Sociology, Apparel Technology & Management, Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science & Application, Electronic Science, Electronic Media, Environmental Science, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Life Science, Statistics, Zoology, Microbiology & Biotechnology, Geography, Psychology, Commerce, Management, Education, Law,
- Kannada BUB – 31
- Kannada PG Center Vijayanagara – 06
- Hindi – 02
- Telugu – 04
- Sanskrit – 06
- English – 29
- Urdu – 04
- Social Work – 04
- Women Studies – 15
- Journalism & Mass Communication – 08
- History – 08
- Economics – 14
- Political Science – 07
- Performing Arts – 06
- Sociology – 08
- Apparel Technology & Management – 04
- Biochemistry – 08
- Botany – 11
- Chemistry – 15
- Computer Science & Application – 08
- Electronic Science – 20
- Electronic Media – 02
- Environmental Science – 03
- Geology – 14
- Mathematics – 05
- Physics – 38
- Life Science – 05
- Statistics – 10
- Zoology – 11
- Microbiology & Biotechnology – 42
- Geography – 11
- Psychology – 12
- Education – 04
- Law – 34
- Commerce BUB – 04
- Commerce PG Center St. Claret College – 08
- Commerce PG Center St. Francies De Sales College – 04
- Management BUB – 02
- Management PG Center Acharya Bangalore B School – 54
- Start of Application form submission: 17 April 2023
- Last date to apply (without fine): 02 May 2023
- Last date to apply (with a fine of Rs. 200/-): 10 May 2023
- Last date for submission of hard Copy of Application: 17 May 2023
- Entrance Test Date: To be notified
- Announcement of key answers: To be notified
- Announcement of provisional Eligibility List of qualified candidates: To be notified
- Candidate for admission to the PhD. Program shall have a Master’s degree from a University recognized by the UGC or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized.
- A maximum relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Cat-I/OBC/differently abled and other categories of candidate as specified by the Government from time-to-time.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil Degree of an Indian Institution (under the regular mode) or from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority in established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. The decision of the Registrar (Evaluation) shall be final regarding equivalence
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work through the regular mode with at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D. Degree.
- A maximum relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Cat-I/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Government.
- Candidates should visit and access the application form from the BU website www.buofc.inhawk.com
- Candidates must fill up all the required details in the Application Form and submit it online.
- To complete the registration process, candidates must upload a valid scanned copy of their recent passport size photo and signature.
- The Hall ticket will only be generated for candidates who have paid the fees online.
- Once the application is successfully submitted online, a confirmation e-mail containing the user name and password, along with other instructions, will be sent to the registered email address of the candidate.
- Candidates must download and retain two sets of duly filled-in application forms, one for their reference and one to be sent by Speed Post/Courier/By hand to the Chairperson/Coordinator (concerned Department), Jnanabharathi Campus, Bangalore University, Bengaluru – 560 056.
- Incomplete/ineligible applications and applications received after the last date shall automatically be rejected, and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- The admission tickets of eligible candidates shall be available for download on a specified date to be notified on the website. Candidates can download the ticket by entering their date of birth or mobile number.
- General and OBC – Rs. 3,000/-
- SC/ST/CAT-I (income less than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum) – Rs. 1,500/-
- Foreign Nationals – Rs. 10,000/-
- Selection will be based on the entrance test.
Exemptions from Entrance Test
- Candidates who have cleared UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET/ KSET/SLET/ GATE (with validity period with required score)/Recognized young researchers by DST, UGC, CSIR/ AICTE, QIP/INSPIRE/ DBT/National Funding Agencies/M.Phil (Regular Mode)/ Teachers with QIP/Foreign candidates are exempted from the entrance test.
- However, eligible candidates who have qualified in UGC/CSIR/ JRF/AICTE/ QIP/DST/ INSPIRE/National Level Funded Projects with fellowships and ICCR sponsored foreign nationals may apply at any time to the university for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
PhD Entrance Test Pattern
- The University will conduct an Entrance Test of 120 minutes duration for a maximum of 100 marks.
- The syllabus for the entrance test shall consist of 10% questions from research methodology and 90% shall be subject-specific.
- The questions will be 50 with multiple choices, carrying 2 marks each.
- Candidates must secure 50% marks in the entrance test to be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website