|PhD Buzz: Join the VIP Club for Instant Updates on Admissions and Entrance Exams!|
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences Nainital announces PhD Admission 2023, Apply now
ARIES PhD Admission 2023 – Students with M.Sc Physics are invited to apply for the Junior Fellowship programme of ARIES leading to PhD. This year’s PhD programme will be jointly coordinated by ARIES, Nainital and IIT, Roorkee (Physics Department).
ARIES PhD Admission 2023
- Online Application. (Opened on 12:00 Hrs, 19th April, 2023).
- Deadline for online application submission: 1200 Hrs, 19th May, 2023
- Declaration of the screened applicants: 1200 Hrs, 31st May, 2023.
- Deadline to confirm interview: 1700 Hrs, 12th June, 2023.
- Date of interview (OFFLINE): 3-7 July, 2023 at ARIES.
- Declaration of the list of selected candidates: 10th July, 2023
- Date of Academic Registration: 17th July, 2023 (at IIT Roorkee, in-person)
- M. Sc. Physics with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST. Post graduation degree should be from an UGC recognized college/University.
- The candidate should have passed M. Sc. on or after 2020. Students who are appearing in M. Sc. final year exam can appear before the interview, but, if selected, have to furnish the proof of M. Sc. qualification at the time of joining.
- 28 years as on July 1, 2023 (date of birth on or after July 1, 1995). Upper age limit for reserved categories may be relaxed as per the UGC rules.
- Applicants should have CSIR/UGC-NET (JRF/LS) qualified in Physics/Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Science (2020/2021) -OR- GATE – 2022/GATE -2023 qualified in Physics/Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences – OR- JEST qualified in Physics/Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Science (2023) -OR- having INSPIRE fellowship.
- All the applications will be further screened by taking into account marks/ranks in GATE/JEST/CSIR,UGC-NET and M.Sc. and other guidelines decided by ARIES. Fulfilling minimum qualification does not guarantee a call for the interview.
- Candidates with external fellowships (CSIR-JRF, DST Inspire) may be given preference.
- Rs 31000/- per month (JRF); Rs 35000/- per month (SRF)
- Interested candidates can apply online by https://aries.res.in/opportunities/phd-program
- Please read the instructions carefully before filling this application form. A confirmation mail will be automatically sent to your valid e-mail address on submission
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website