Annamalai University announces Admission to PhD Program 2023-24, Apply Now
Annamalai University PhD Admission 2023 – Applications are invited for eligible candidates for admission to PhD (Full Time /Part-Time (Internal) /External (On Campus Programs) at Annamalai University, Annamalainagar for the academic year 2023-24. Annamalai University, accredited with ‘A+’ Grade by NAAC in 2022, is one of India’s largest public residential universities with 10 Faculties and 49 departments of study. Candidates can check details such as program offered, eligibility criteria, application process and more for Annamalai University PhD Admission 2023 from the post given below.
Annamalai University PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
- Marine Sciences
- Indian Languages
- Engineering and Technology
- Fine Arts
- Online Registration Application Commences from : 20.09.2023
- Last date for Online Registration Application : 20.10.2023 5.30 p.m.
- Last date for Receipt of hard copy of Online Application along with enclosure : 27.10.2023 5.30 p.m.
- Date of Entrance Test & Interview : will be notified in the University Website
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject from UGC recognized University or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in the fields of study notified from time to time by the University. Specific educational qualifications are given in Clause 4.
- A minimum of 55% marks or CGPA 5.50 on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examination for Faculties of Arts, Science, Marine Sciences, Indian Languages, Engineering & Technology, Education, Fine Arts. In the case of SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled candidates, 50% marks or CGPA of 5.0 on a 10 point scale in the Master’s degree.
- Candidates who have secured their Master’s Degree under 10+2+3+2 (or) 10+2+4+2 (or) 10+3+3+2(or) 10+2+5 pattern of programmes of study are eligible. Candidates who have passed Master’s Degree through the Open University system are not eligible.
- The candidates seeking admission should register and apply only through online by logging onto https://annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/adm/phd_course.php
- The guidelines for registration are available on the Annamalai University Website Portal.
- The hard copy of the filled in online application should be sent with all the following enclosures either by speed / Registered post or in person to
- The Registrar, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Chidambaram – 608 002, Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu.
- For Application Fee : Rs.1500/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/Cash Card
- The admission of Ph.D. students shall be based on the following criteria besides General Eligibility:
- An entrance test at Postgraduate level for 70 marks [70 multiple choice questions (MCQs), each question carrying one mark and the duration of the test is 90 minutes] followed by an interview that will have a weightage of 30 marks.
- The candidates who secure 50% marks in entrance test and interview put together are eligible for admission.
- A relaxation of 5% marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/Differently abled category.
- Candidates with M.Phil. Degree from an approved University, UGC JRF/ NET/ SLET/ SET/ GATE/ CSIR/ ICHR/ ICPR/ ICSSR qualified candidates and teacher fellowship holders are exempted from the Entrance test but they have to appear for the interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website