Akal University PhD Admission 2019
Akal University PhD Admission 2019 – Akal University, Talwandi, Bathinda invites application for admission to PhD Programs for the year 2019-20.
- Akal University invites applications from bright and dedicated young scholars interested in pursuing PhD Program. Monthly research fellowship worth Rs. 13000/- will be provided to all admitted candidates.
- Admission to Ph.D. programmes for the academic session 2019-20 is offered in the following disciplines:
- 1. Faculty of Life Sciences: Botany, Zoology
- 2. Faculty of Material Sciences: Chemistry, Physics
- 3. Faculty of Mathematics and Computation Science: Mathematics
- 4. Faculty of Economics, Management and Commerce: Commerce, Economics
- 5. Faculty of Indian and Foreign Languages: English, Punjabi
- 6. Faculty of Arts: Psychology
See: PHD Admission 2019
No. of seats
- Number of seats available in each department is subject to availability of supervisors in the specific areas where student(s) want to pursue their Ph.D. programmes.
Duration of the programme:
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
- The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two years in the maximum duration of six years.
- Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7- point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and
- Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedure.
- Akal University shall admit Ph.D. students through entrance test conducted at the level of the university. However, exemption from entrance test will be given to those who have already cleared any of the national test like UGC-CSIR NET including JRF, SLET, GATE, JEST, or any other prestigious test for national level scholarship/fellowship conducted at all India level on behalf of national institution(s), for example, GPAT and JEST.
- International students who are being sponsored by the government body such as the ICCR or MHRD or a government agency of their own country, will be given direct admission to Ph.D. subject to the approval of the concerned department or centre.
- International students who have been studying in India and are present in India at the time of the Ph.D. entrance test will have to sit for the test and clear it in order to be considered for enrolment.
Entrance Exam Pattern
- For Entrance Examination, there would be two papers i.e. Paper-1 and Paper-2. Paper-1 would be Subject Specific Multiple-Choice Questions of 50 marks and Paper-2 would be Subject specific or Faculty specific Descriptive Test of 100 marks.
- Subject Specific Multiple Choice Questions: Test will have 50 questions with multiple choices; all questions shall be compulsory and of one marks each. There will be negative marking for incorrect answers and for each incorrect answer ¼ mark will be deducted.
- Subject Specific Descriptive Test: This paper will be of 100 marks. The paper shall constitute two sections. Section A shall have 12 short answer questions and candidates have to answer any eight.
- Section B shall have 8 long answer questions and candidates have to attempt any 4. Each short answer question shall carry 5 marks and long answer question 15 marks.
- Standard of Passing: Candidate who score 50% and more in both the papers individually will be declared as passed.
- Online application form once submitted by the candidate shall not be allowed to make any change in it by way of any addition/deletion/alteration/amendment. Changes of any other particular etc. under any circumstances i.e., they shall have no access to the application at all.
- The submission of thesis may be permitted only after completion of three years from the date of registration and after successful completion of the course work. However, the Vice-Chancellor may grant a special permission to a candidate to submit his/her thesis six month prior to the minimum three-year requirement.
- Ph.D. candidates has to publish minimum two research papers in a standard refereed journal(s) before the submission of the thesis for adjudication and produce evidence for the same in the form of acceptance letter, soft copy or the reprint(s).
- Candidates may visit Institute website www.auts.ac.in for complete details about the Institute.
- Submission of application: 10th August 2019
- Written test and interview: 16th August 2019
- Declaration of result: 19th August 2019
- Last Date for the submission of registration form: 26th August 2019
- Classes for course work: 2nd September 2019
Akal University Bathinda
- Akal University, Talwandi Sabo, District Bathinda (Punjab), Website www.auts.ac.in