University of Calcutta announces Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2019 for admission to Ph.D Programme in Environmental Science
University of Calcutta PhD in Environmental Science Admissions 2019 – University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme in the Department of Environmental Science for the session 2019.
University of Calcutta PhD Environmental Science Admissions 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Application (within 4pm): 07th August 2019
- Publication of list of candidates eligible for written test (after 3 pm): 09th August 2019
- Date of RET written examination (12 noon): 20th August 2019
- Publication of list of candidates qualified in written test and selected for interview (after 3 pm): 21st August 2019
- Date of Interview for candidates declared successful in written examination and candidates applied with eligibility tests like NET/GATE/M.Phil or equivalent examinations (11 am): 22nd August 2019
See: PHD Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta PhD Environmental Science Admissions 2019
- Candidates who are Masters in Environmental Science and allied subjects, from University of Calcutta or other Universities considered equivalent thereto are eligible.
- They should have Chemistry as a combination subject at the bachelor’s level. Percentage at the Master’s level should be at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- For relaxation of marks and other details please refer to the University of Calcutta (Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D.).
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- The admission procedure consists of a Research Eligibility Test (RET) followed by an interview for candidates successful in the same.
- The applicants who have cleared UGC/CSIR NET / GATE or have obtained DST INSPIRE Fellowship or equivalent examinations shall not be required to appear at the Ph.D. entrance test but need to appear and qualify the interview.
- The Examination will be based on the syllabus of M.Sc. in Environmental Science of the University of Calcutta and the questions will be MCQ type.
- The Exam will be of 50 marks, and should be attempted within one hour.
University of Calcutta PhD Environmental Science Admissions 2019 Application Process
- Candidates can obtain the application form from www.univ.ac.in
- The candidate has to pay Rs. 100/- (in cash only) through a challan available from the University Cash Counter at the College Street / Hazra Campus, CU. A photocopy of the challan of RET examination fee deposited by the candidate must be attached with the application form.
- A photocopy of the Challan of RET Examination Fee deposited by the candidate must be attached with the Application Form.
- Attested photo-copies of the testimonials are to be submitted along with this form. Original documents may be asked for as when required by the appropriate authority.
University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Department of Environmental Science, University of Calcutta, Room No.: 863, 7th Floor, 35 Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata-700019, Website www.univ.ac.in