DST Inspire Fellowship Scheme 2019 for Doctoral Programmes in Science and Technology
DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2019 – Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Science and Technology DST Inspire Fellowship 2019 for Doctoral Programmes in Science and Technology.
- Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE), a Scheme of the Government of India, offers standing opportunity for pursuing Doctoral Research at any recognized University or Institute in India through Fellowships at same level as National Eligibility Test (NET) qualified candidates.
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is being implemented by the Department of Science & Technology (DST) to strengthen the National Science and Technology base. INSPIRE Fellowship Scheme of INSPIRE Programme is focused on attraction of students to pursue doctoral degree in basic and applied sciences including engineering, medicine, agriculture, veterinary, pharmacy etc. after either Masters’ degree in Science/ Applied Science/ Engineering or Bachelors’/ Masters’ degree in Medicine.
See: Scholarships in India 2019
Call for Applications
- Applications are invited from
- INSPIRE Scholars after completion of their post-graduation degree in Science areas and
- University level First Rank holders in the Post-graduate Degrees in Basic/Applied Sciences/Engineering OR Graduate/Postgraduate Degree in Medicine only from any recognized Indian University or Institute/Statutory Body in India for award of INSPIRE FELLOWSHIP
- The Fellowship will be offered on the basis of availability of fellowships in the current year as 1000 fellowships are available annually.
Eligibility Criteria for DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2019
- INSPIRE Scholar having secured minimum 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S. / M.Sc.
- 1st Rank Holder at University level examination in Post-Graduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/ Applied Sciences including Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Agricultural sciences and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic Institutions (Excluding Autonomous Colleges) in India.
- 1st Rank Holders at the Graduate/Post-graduate Level Examination in Medicine only conducted by a University/ Institution in India are also eligible to apply. 1st Rank should be of obtained in minimum batch size of 10 students in that university level examination with minimum aggregate of 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) for the entire course/ program.
- Students who i) are 1st Rank Holder in College including Autonomous College Examination, ii) have obtained degree (s) through Distance Education Mode and iii) are 1st Rank Holder in any specialization given at M.Sc. 2nd/ last Year, are not eligible for the offer of INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Candidates who are Indian Citizens and have acquired their eligibility for INSPIRE Fellowship during last year (2018) or current year (2019) are eligible to apply.
- The students who are already enjoying Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) or higher position in any project or otherwise are not eligible to apply for this. Merely having the eligibility does not guarantee offer of INSPIRE Fellowship.
Number and Duration of Fellowships
- It offers financial support in the form of a Fellowship as per GoI norms fellowship (Junior Research Fellowship / Senior Research Fellowship) and research grant to the candidate. There is a provision of 1000 INSPIRE Fellowships to be offered/given every year to eligible students and each Fellowship is tenable for a maximum period of five years or completion of the PhD degree, whichever is earlier.
- This Fellowship shall not be available to pursue M.Sc. or M. Phil. or M.Tech. course while pursing Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D./ M. Phil.-Ph.D./ M. Tech.-Ph.D. courses.
- The continuation of the Fellowship for selected candidates is based on satisfactory performance as certified by the parent institution as per stipulated GOI guidelines for this Fellowship.
See: National Scholarship 2019
- Selection from among the eligible applicants is done in two stages i.e. Level I and Level II.
- Applicants who are already admitted to in Ph.D. Program in S&T prior to submitting application and selected at both Level I & Level II, will be awarded the Final Offer for the INSPIRE Fellowship
- Applicants who have not admitted to in Ph.D. Program in S&T prior to submitting application and get selected at Level I, will be awarded a Provisional Offer for INSPIRE Fellowship.
DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2019 Application Form
- Students need to apply through On-line mode only. To apply Online, please visit the website: http://www.onlineinspire.gov.in and follow the process prescribed therein. The Online application submissions will commence on 07th October 2019 (0900 Hrs) and will be available up to 06th November 2019 (1730 Hrs)
- No printed copy of the Application needs to be sent to DST
- The process is completely online; there will be no scope for making any intimation for an incomplete or wrongly filled application
- Incomplete or wrongly filled up application or application with lack of essential documents will be summarily rejected
DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2019 Important Dates
- The Online application submissions will commence on 07th October 2019 (0900 Hrs) and will be available up to 06th November 2019 (1730 Hrs)